• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby girl killed by dog

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556514/Baby-girl-dies-attacked-mauled-dog.html

No words :cry:

I can't even read it. I heard it on the news this morning and felt sick. RIP baby girl

So sad. I know this upsets people when people blame the type of dog. It hasn't been released what type of dog it is but I'd bet money on it being pit bull,mastiff type of dog

Something needs to be done and much stricter controls on who can own dogs

What a beautiful little girl, how awful :cry:

I think dog licenses need to be introduced actually.

xx

I agree something needs to be done!

That beautiful little baby lost her life :(

The parents were accused for neglect? Id hardly blame the breed in this instance.

Apparently the neighbours had complained several times too due to the dogs escaping into their gardens and scaring their children too

So sad. :cry:

I really didn't like the "devil dogs" column at the bottom though. :( I'm a firm believer that in most cases it isn't the breed of dog but the people who own them. I remember reading once somewhere that statistically speaking, Labs have a higher attack rate being that they're more popular of a breed so there's more around (therefore upping the 'risk' of them) but you don't see it that often because people don't associate Labs with being a bully breed. :nope:

A lot of it too is common sense to me. We have a cat, dog, rabbit and fish. Claire is never left alone with them. :shrug: We're lucky that my Shih Tzu will run and hide if she's being too rambunctious with him. She's got a few scratches from our cat but she's not nice at times (just being a kid really) and Kupo can get fed up with it.

If she's not leaving the animals alone, I tend to put them in a room for a bit and close the door so they have a break and she can focus on other things. Not saying I'm the epitome of how it should be done of course, but I do find a lot of these cases it could have been easily prevented.

Granted, there are some animals out there who snap and hurt people... but there's people who snap and hurt other people too. :shrug:

Don't understand why people have dangerous dogs and children...dogs shouldn't be left alone with babies/kids. Devastating.

The dog was an illegal breed. In general this is rarly rare. I dont know anyone with a banned breed and imo if the dog is legal it is no more dangerous than any other.

I would never leave a baby unattended with any dog never mind an illegal breed

Another baby mauled to death :(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2562020/Police-seize-family-dog-baby-killed-Wales.html

Oh gosh that is so sad :(

I just cannot comprehend why anyone would leave babies/children alone with any breed of dog whether young/old been in the family years ok with other kids. Especially after last weeks dog attack and all the others that have been happening

Keeping a big husky in a tiny terraced house :(
Another poor baby :(

And only 6 days old not even a chance to experience life absolutely heart breaking

my friend has huskys, I dont understand why people are not watching their children. it wouls be a terrible shame if people lost trust in dogs! There is so so much they can be used for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->