Baby girls heart beat.

Sammiesfirst

Reaction score
Is it normal that at my 12 wk scan the babys heart beat was 157 and when i went yesterday for my 20 wk scan it was 138 .. Thats a significant drop dont you guys think? is this normal ?

Also when i gave blood yesterday from my right arm , my arm just stopped giving blood , didnt even fill the tube half way up. But my left arm did the rest of the work..

AND lol ( sorry a lot of questions) I was suppose to have my 20 wk anatomy scan yesterday but they canceled it for June 7th (tuesday) so my scan yesterday they just looked over the babys body her Hb etc she looked at a lot of things but i guess not into great detail.. do you think if something was wrong she would have said something to me ?? and I mean if they canceled my appointment and scheduled it for a later date they wouldnt do that unless they thought something was wrong right ?

also im 5 months and i've lost 2lbs since being pregnant BUT i eat all the time !! >:O

I would guess it isnt the same every time.. they measured the heartbeat twice in 1 visit for me at 13 weeks and it was above 170 the first time and then like 160 the second time. Maybe ask your doc? I'm assuming if there was concern, they would bring it up though.

The HB generally starts low when it first starts beating, then rises and peaks around 12 weeks then gets lower again.
The amount it lowers by depends on the baby! I'm sure if they thought it was a problem they would have mentioned! xx

Edit: That's not too much of a drop - my friends LO's HB was 181 at 12 weeks, then 142 at 20 weeks and all is well!

Is it normal that at my 12 wk scan the babys heart beat was 157 and when i went yesterday for my 20 wk scan it was 138 .. Thats a significant drop dont you guys think? is this normal ?

Also when i gave blood yesterday from my right arm , my arm just stopped giving blood , didnt even fill the tube half way up. But my left arm did the rest of the work..

AND lol ( sorry a lot of questions) I was suppose to have my 20 wk anatomy scan yesterday but they canceled it for June 7th (tuesday) so my scan yesterday they just looked over the babys body her Hb etc she looked at a lot of things but i guess not into great detail.. do you think if something was wrong she would have said something to me ?? and I mean if they canceled my appointment and scheduled it for a later date they wouldnt do that unless they thought something was wrong right ?

also im 5 months and i've lost 2lbs since being pregnant BUT i eat all the time !! >:O

What did your doctor say about that heartbeat?
Mine has been consistently in the 165 to 170 range; I know there's a wide range of normal, and also that the heartbeat slows down a little as the pregnancy progresses.
If you're concerned, i think you should just talk to your doctor.
Best of luck to you!

I was just reading gender and heart beat online and it says about it changing at the pregnancy progresses, i mean hey a heart beat for us as 160 would be really bad lol Normal for a newborn is between 80-190Bpm

Hearbeat is suppose to slow as the baby grows. If there was something wrong they would have said something, try not to worry!

I'm always surprised at how spuratic my daughters hb's have been every time i go in.. it's anywhere from the 130's to the 160's and at my 11 week appt. it was in the 170's.. I've been told she's in perfect condition, progressing nicely at every appt. so I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about...

It's just like our hb's it rises at times (when more active) and isn't so high at times (when resting)..

But its always worth it to double check with your doctor!

Mine was 165+ around 9 weeks and is now around 130 at 20 weeks and I was told it's completely normal :)
Also... I've lost 30 pound while pregnant and everything is looking good so far, I was told just to be sure to take my prenatal everyday and eat as healthy and often as I can and hopefully I'll start gaining here soon so I wouldn't worry too much about the 2 pounds :)
I don't know anything about the blood or why they would change your scan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->