Baby has arrived, and it wasn't easy! lol

TinyD22

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that little baby Jason was 'brought' into the world 12 days late on the 7th of October :) Things didn't go very easily for us though....

I was taken into hospital to be induced on the 4th of October, started having contractions at 11pm that night but I still wasn't dilating. They done another round of those pessary things the next morning, was re examined that night and nothing had changed. So they gave me my 3rd and final round of the pills and told me to fast from midnight in preparation for a c-section.
Doctor examined me the next morning (thursday) and said I was 1cm dilated, she then gave me 2 options, either they can try and break my waters but it would be really difficult as my cervix was still really high or they could send me home to come back on the Monday and try again! I couldn't believe they would send me home when I was already 11days overdue so I decided to try the hard route and I was taken down to the labour ward to have my waters broken...

That also failed, but they doctor sent me back upstairs to the ward and said they would try again tomorrow but I was once again to fast from midnight..

So on the Friday afternoon I was taken back down to the labour ward by this point I was 2cm dilated and the doctor thought she had managed to break my waters but was a tad confused because no water came away, so to be extra cautious they attached a heart monitor to the baby's head to keep a closer eye on things.....I was started on the drip to bring on the contractions and that's when things started to go wrong...

Baby's heart rate plummeted down to 70bpm but after 30mins we managed to get it back up to a normal rate but then I spiked a temperature. At this point my contractions were 2mins apart but I was having agonising pains in my stomach that we couldn't understand, and this is were things get a little blurry for me... I remember lying on the bed and turning to my OH and just saying that something wasn't right with me and then all the monitors started going off... everyone started running into the room and baby was delivered by emergency c-section 10mins later. Only thing I remember was having to sign forms as I was being wheeled into theatre.

I spent the next 2 days in the High Dependency Unit fighting an infection in my womb and my precious little boy spent his first 2 days in the special care unit having IV antibiotics.

Turns out my waters had broken a while ago and no one noticed. I feel very lucky to have my little boy cause it could all have went so wrong, luckily I was in labour when things decided to go really wrong and they could act fast enough to save him! Baby Jason is doing great and I'm past the worst of it now, just got a load of pills and injections to get over the next month but I'm getting better with every passing day :)

Oh my goodness! So glad you are both OK and doing well!

Congratulations on your baby boy!

Oh my, what a journey! glad you and your precious baby are ok, wishing you a speedy recovery. Big hugs.:)

Oh gosh! So glad you are both ok.and hope you have a speedy recovery! Xx

Wow! Glad you're both okay. Goes to show that you often know your body better than anyone else. Hugs. xx

thank goodness your instincts told you not to go home when they suggested it! congrats on your baby boy. x

glad your both ok, congratulations and best wishes.

How scary! Im glad that all has turned out well, and wish you a speedy recovery! Congratulations on the birth of your little man :hugs:

Oh my goodness, what a story, you poor thing! I'm so glad everything worked out ok for you both; do take care :hugs:

Very happy to hear that you and LO are doing well. That must have been scary hun, well done! and Congratulations!!! x

You are so brave! Big congratulations and I wish all the best of luck to baby Jason!

Glad your all doing ok :) Congratulations and good luck in the future
:hugs:

so glad everything turned out ok for you both,
xx

Glad your okay hunni, have a speedy recovery and congrats on baby Jason! X

Oh my, so glad everything is ok now - what a nightmare xxxx here is to you and Jason xxxx

Oh god that sounds horrific! Glad u are both ok now and congrats on your baby boy xxx

Congrats & wishing you a speedy recovery:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->