baby has dropped

tbaby

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my baby has dropped. I have all the symptoms especially the burrowing in the pelvis!

When do midwives usually let you homebirth the earliest?

I read about usually 4 weeks before birth this happens..

That would make 35 weeks:wacko:

I have a very active baby So I am pretty sure he or she will come early. But I prefer decemeber..

Mine said 38-42 weeks they could deliver, anything outside of that would have to be hospital.

My son dropped about the same time, and I made it to 40 weeks.

In the UK the recommendation is from being full term so 37-42 weeks.

However - being the UK they cannot refuse to attend you outside of those times.

Prior to 37 weeks I would suggest going in might be a good idea (unless you're super close to 37 weeks), post dates after 42 weeks stay at home.

thank you:) makes me feel better

i live in th US and i guess i need to talk to my naturopath/midwife and ask her.

Dropping doesnt mean much. You can be engaged for weeks with no labour or you can go into labour with an unengaged baby. I wouldn't worry too much about that but to answer your question, I'm looking to be 38 weeks to get my homebirth.

ds1 dropped at about 30wks and arrived at nearly 42 lol it was super uncomfortable those last weeks though,

On the other hand my babies didn't drop at all, they were both 3/5th palpable (3/5ths of head above the pelvic bone) when I went into labour.

Stanley was still at 2/5ths when I got to 10cm and stayed that way a while.

Ouch I dont want to go to 42 weeks lol. I dont think my son ever dropped before because I dont remember this pain!

My Midwife told me that one of her team will be on call from 37 weeks

i still havent asked..but i know its 37 weeks...

I wouldn't worry too much about that but to answer your question, I'm looking to be 38 weeks to get my homebirth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->