baby has green poo 6 weeks old!

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
Totally tmi sorry
It's really soft and dark green and has been for the last couple of days also there's quite a lot of it but then he only goes once a day sometimes every other day. He's bottle fed and has a cold but the green poo is new!

my LO had green poo on Cow & Gate comfort and then we put him on Cow & Gate 1 and now it's gone yellow!

I think it can depend on what formula they are on etc. As long as it is soft and green and not too watery or too solid I'm sure it's fine.

But if it in doubt you can always ring your health visitor to ask for advice.

The cold could be causing green poo, they can swallow a lot of snot which irritates their stomach. So long as he's not showing any other signs of an upset tummy I'd wait till his cold's better and see if it clears up.

The cold could be causing green poo, they can swallow a lot of snot which irritates their stomach. So long as he's not showing any other signs of an upset tummy I'd wait till his cold's better and see if it clears up.

I thought it might be the cold but he's had it for 4 weeks now and only just got the green poo! What would other symptoms of a stomach but be?Hes been crying like he's in pain a lot but I think that might be wind!

Newborn poo can range between yellow and green, all normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->