baby hates his nappy changed

doumauk

mama to salim,expecting
Reaction score
My baby really hates his nappy changed and screams blue murder, Everyone Ive asked about this says oh my baby doesnt do that! Does anyone elses baby here hate it too? He also hates baths

Do you have a mobile above your changing table or crib (wherever you change the diaper). We change her diaper in the crib and turn on the mobile when changing her....it seems to help.

Kaida hates it, too! Don't worry. Some babies just don't like it.
I have two blankets rolled up to position her, so she feels secure. I try holding her hands on her chest and rocking her in between changing her..Talking, singing and making stupid faces at her. Even have a musical toy that blinks..and she still screams.

Alasdair hated being changed when he was younger but is enjoying it more now. It's awful but we put the changing mat by the tv and that helps. And also, giving him half a feed then changing him. We were changing him before a feed and he just wanted to be fed and didn't care about his dirty bum! When we bath Ally, either OH or I go in with him, he really enjoys it. But when we try to bath him by himself he still gets upset.

My son was the same and absolutely hated baths and still does. He seems terrified of water but has no reason to be. He's never fallen in water or anything.

Maybe its because he feels the cold a bit when he´s having his nappy changed. Sam used to scream the place down when we changed him, until we clicked that he didn´t have much baby fat and obviously felt the cold a bit. We invested in a heater to put on the wall above the changing table (can get them in most baby shops) and we haven´t looked back.

He didn´t enjoy bathtime either and screamed all the time - I think part of it was his lack of baby fat, now he´s put on weight its not such a problem. We also got one of those little tub things to bath them in thats sposed to make them feel like they are back in the womb again - could be coincidence, but bathtimes aren´t stressful anymore.

The first week Chase hated his diaper changed and his bath. Now, he doesn't cry. He's also not liking his diaper dirty now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->