baby hawk?

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Well i have been trying to decide between going for a babyhawk or a connecta and from what I have seen I think babyhawk is the way to go?

Where is the best place to buy one from? preloved or new, i don't mind :)

A few places sell them new - just google babyhawk. I think being in the uk we get a limited selection, basically whatever that seller has ordered in.

For preloved they sometimes pop up on ebay and also the natural mamas forum has a slings/carriers thread which is a good place to buy from.

I also think someone on here was selling one. Will let you know if I remember who it was.

I got mine from a UK supplier, but I had Molly at the time and didn't want to wait for ages for a custom one (it was just coincidence that the one I had designed myself was available over here).

I'd say, buy new and go for a custom one while you have time to wait. Mine is minkee lined which is lovely! Not great for the summer, mind... wouldn't recommend it from birth though, seems too upright and rigid for that and not very cosy like a moby.

I personally prefer the babyhawk because I find it easier to adjust on my own. With the connecta, I find it hard to tighten the buckles once it's on because I have a slightly weak wrist and can't get the angle right and pull hard enough on one side. That said, if it's raining or dusty, the connecta is easier because the straps aren't long enough to drag on the ground as you're putting it on.

I got my babyhawk new from a UK site (can't remember which) because I wanted it fast and they had one of my favourite fabrics anyway. I got the connecta from Natural Mamas second hand. I'd definitely recommend buying second hand because I've noticed that the fabric gets that nice soft "used" feel after a while and you can save a bit of money. The ladies on NM are very sling-orientated so I think most people on there really take care of their slings and you can look at feedback for sellers too.

I think i'm going to sell my BH as LO's too big for it now, i only used it once or twice but bought it preloved on here. It's in VGC if you're interested and want me to take some piccies i can x

I think i'm going to sell my BH as LO's too big for it now, i only used it once or twice but bought it preloved on here. It's in VGC if you're interested and want me to take some piccies i can x

Please :) would be very interested to see pics

Ohh theres one for sale now on natural mamas and shes also selling a stretchy wrap which are great for newborns:

https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53784

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->