Baby hiccups

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
35+1 today.

Baby is having bouts of hiccups just about every day. At least once, sometimes twice. Lasts about 15, 20 minutes sometimes and on occasion can feel almost violent - can watch the twitches from the outside! Usually settles down once it moves to a new position (well,as best it can now given how little space it clearly has in there!).

On the one hand, it's cute as hell and I'm going to really miss it when the little one pops out! On the other, it's pretty annoying when I'm trying to sleep.

Either way, I wasn't too worried, until I Googled (never Google anything, haha!) and kept seeing stuff about compressed cords and CO2 build-up and loads of other scary things.

I'm at midwife Weds so I'll mention it then, but I'm not going to call just for something that is almost certainly perfectly normal and really minor haha! Anyone else growing a hiccuppy baby, or had one in the past? Was there anything to worry about? Also did it continue to be hiccuppy outside of the womb?

My babies had a lot of hiccups in the womb, especially my first and they did continue to hiccup quite a lot once born

Both mine had hiccups about 5 times a day that lasted a few minutes, it wasn't because of any issues. :)

I read the same thing on Google! It makes us worry don't it! But please try not too, my eldest two were very hiccupy in the womb, and ended up being sicky babies, it may not be related though, this baby is also a hiccupper just not as much! Praying I've escaped the reflux this time when he's born lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->