Baby in own room?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok when did you put baby into their own room?

Or if this is your first when do you think you will put baby in own room?

:D

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so I think when we have our first he or she wont have her own room until we move. (I think:p) I'll be fine sharing a room for about the first year, then we'll move to a two bedroom. I'd rather them be right there when their babies anyway.

As soon as we get our own place, Bethanie will have her own room. Im not 100% sure if she will be sleeping in there to start with, at the minute thats a question I can't answer as I need to *feel* sure it's the right thing, if you know what I mean? She might be over a year, but it's gone so quickly and shes still my little newborn to me!!

my daughter slept in our room until about 14 months. it got to the point when i wanted to get rid of the last night feed (i was breast feeding) and also i think we kept waking each other up (alarm clocks, snoring. dreams etc)...it felt wierd at first tho...but nice to get bedroom back for all that bd and ttc the second!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

Rebecca is still in my room and she is nearly 2 years old and so is Lucy. Our room is like the Waltons, but this is primarily due to my over exaggerated fear of cot death :blush:

Rebecca will be getting the heave ho this Spring, but I am still reluctant to do it due to my issues (2 cot deaths in OH's family and a SIDS of a child at 4-wtf!)

You will know when the time is right for you and Caitlin hun xx

Honestly? We moved Alauna into her own room at about 2-3 weeks old. She actually slept better in her own room, in her own crib, than she did with us or in her bassinett. But we were also trying to make sure we didn't get her attached to sleeping with us, so we wouldn't have a toddler or preschooler who wouldn't stay in their own bed (no offense to those that have it that way!!!!!). Now Alauna is 2 1/2 and sleeps VERY WELL on her own! And always has! We've never had to bring her in to sleep with us because she wouldn't sleep in her own room. In fact, she prefers her own room! Besides, the couple times she has slept with us this year (one being the time we painted her room) she hogged the bed and hubby ended up on the couch, LOL!

Sorry this is so long! Point is, we'll do the same with this one (unless of course something comes up, or it just works differently with this one). Good luck! And don't feel bad about it when you DO move her! Because it's perfectly fine!

Ky was in with us until he was two.

We only really tried getting him into his own bed a few weeks before Frankie arrived, as there just isn't room in the bed for 4!
-Frankie sleeps through but we still end up with Ky in our bed with us at around 4:30am most mornings.

Frankie will be in with us until she's at least one, but at this point I have no hard and fast rules of exacly when she'll go into her own room - Just when the time feels right.

Oh and I had an afterthought, just a thought for those of you who worry about SIDS and crib death.

If baby is sleeping in a bassinett or even right next to you and you're asleep, if they stop breathing how will you know? It's no more safe to have them in your bed or room, than in their own. If you're really worried about it, or just being cautious as is, they make these monitors that lay under baby like a sheet. What they do is, if there is NO MOVEMENT (meaning baby isn't even breathing) then it goes off to tell you baby isn't breathing!!! This is an excellent idea! I don't know where they sell them in the UK but here in the US they're in stores like Walmart! Just a suggestion!!! :hugs:

Im more worried about not waking up. I wish I had a little one that shouted/cried at me if I didn't wake up, she just goes back to sleep. I bet you'll all say im lucky.. but it makes me feel bad if I oversleep!
Bethanie doesn't sleep in our bed, she knows when it's bedtime. I think she is starting to need her own room though, because she is a very light sleeper and we wake her up just going to the loo, our alarms going off or just moving around the room!

Madwolf we have these monitors-Tommee Tippee Suresound Ultimate that cost nearly £120!

Nothing will stop my fear of cot death!x

Well i'd like him in our room till about 6months..but he's nearly outgrown his crib already he's that long! So probably wont be long xx

Madwolf we have these monitors-Tommee Tippee Suresound Ultimate that cost nearly £120!

Nothing will stop my fear of cot death!x
After reading what you said on the monitors thread I'm really not surprised

:hugs:

OH thinks around 6 months. I want to have her near :blush: the thought of her all alone even if she is sleeping makes me uneasy & sad :blush: lol

Ofcourse hun, she is your little Princess, dont you just love waking up to them in the morning, and seeing them laying there looking up to you, it makes it all worth while.... :hugs: Well 5 mins later after they are screaming your like wtf!:rofl:

LMAO I started reading your reply thinking 'no' lmao well yes but then 2 seconds after the awww its WAAAAAAAAA (baby) lol! *MORNING* :rofl:

KX- I totally understand!!! I hope you weren't offended by what I was saying, I just wanted to let everyone know about those if they hadn't heard of them! I don't want anyone to think I'm NOT worried just because we put Alauna in her own room at a really young age, but her room has always been RIGHT next to ours, so there was no missing the baby noises! And both the bedroom doors were always wide open all night!

Madwolf she wouldn't have been offended - there is a history of cot death on her OHs side I think it was is all.

I hate the Tommee ones though - LOVE the angelcare monitors/sensor mat. No BEEP BEEP BEEP constantly (option to not have it anyway)!

My eldest was in her own room at about 2, but that was only because we didn't have the space in our old house. My middle daughter went into the same room as her sister at about a year old and I'll probably to the same with Matthew. I was thinking about a year old, but I suppose we'll see. I think its one of those things that you'll instinctively know when its the right time.

Ive had no choice but to put callum in his room now, well he's in with his big sis. The bedroom which would have been the kids was far too small for both of them so we've had to swap (literally all that sin the room now is our bed!!!!)

They recommended that LO sleeps in your room until they are 6 months as it is supposed to reduce the risk of cot death.

Wheneldest was little there wasn't the recommendation and when we came home from hospital in was in a cot in ihs own room, same went for eldest daughter. With youngest she was in with us for first couple of weeks due to visitors ( nursery doubles as guest bedroom), and was tempted to keep her in with us, but she was very unsettled and mw said try her in own room, as cos i was bf thought maybe she could smell milk and thats why she wouldn't settle.

So she went into own room @ ~3 weeks old, but shares with us when we have visitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->