Baby in own room?

I've read that you shouldn't keep them in your room past 3 months. I dont know though, as this is my first experience and I'm sure every child is different. I plan to keep Colton in our room until 3 months though. I wont let him sleep in our bed as Jamie takes up all the room and even lays on me even though I am pregger. It would scare me worse, with Jamie and the possiblity of Jamie laying on him and smothering him. I cannot even move Jamie off me, so there is no way a baby/small child could.
I also want him to be in there that way I can easily BF him and dont have to worry about walking half way across the house to get to him, we have never had a baby and I worry that if Colton is half way across the house that we wont hear him cry at night.

Oh, and about the SIDS.. I heard of cases wear even people as old as I am have died of cases exactly like SIDS, in their sleep, etc. Not trying to scare anyone, just that like someone else said, I dont think you will know right off the back whether your child is in their bed, or in a bassinet next to your bed.
Those 'sheet' things sound interesting though, and I'm going to go look into those now.. :)

Oh and I had an afterthought, just a thought for those of you who worry about SIDS and crib death.

If baby is sleeping in a bassinett or even right next to you and you're asleep, if they stop breathing how will you know? It's no more safe to have them in your bed or room, than in their own. If you're really worried about it, or just being cautious as is, they make these monitors that lay under baby like a sheet. What they do is, if there is NO MOVEMENT (meaning baby isn't even breathing) then it goes off to tell you baby isn't breathing!!! This is an excellent idea! I don't know where they sell them in the UK but here in the US they're in stores like Walmart! Just a suggestion!!! :hugs:

Actually, Kaya shares a bed with us and I find that I wake up as soon as the slightest thing happens, eg if I suddenly can't hear her breathing.

MarchBaby I was worried about the same thing as Barry tosses and turns a lot in his sleep. We bought a Babydan bed guard and Kaya slept between that and me, with Barry on the other side of me. But I acually found that Barry started to sleep more lightly and stopped tossing and turning, so about 3/4 weeks ago, if I need to switch sides for her to feed I'm not too worried about us falling asleep with Kaya in the middle. Having said that, we have a king sized bed, when we stayed at Barry's parents last week there was only a double bed so barry slept in another bed. :muaha:

Anyway, to answer the original question, Kaya will probably go in her own room when she's ready to. I can't see that happening until well after she turns one.

in the beginning, we had Juleika mostly with us in bed, until we learned how to get her to sleep.

I never worried 'bout anything can happen as I know people who have done so already. and I experienced that your instincts come into force! you now LO is lying there next to you and automatically you do not turn into this direction whilst sleeping. it was funny, in the beginning, I felt like a lion who was only sleeping with one eye anyway, watching everything is fine with LO with the other!

now, we put her in the cot when she is deep asleep, but before I go to sleep I check on her a couple of times, if she is still breathing!

do not know, how those monitors are working, but I am generally not a friend of to much electronical stuff, as the industry just wants to make money out of us, and who knows, with all this electonic smog nowadays, might be they can cause cot death!

I am also very afraid of coth death (possibly as I lost very close people already :cry:) and every night I go to bed, I am thinking by myself I am looking forward to her waking up for her night feed and to seing her smile when she wakes up next morning! I praise every day together with her.

we do not have a spare room anyway at the moment, so there is no decision to be made yet, but if we would have one, I def would not put her alone to sleep in there until she is unleast six month old!

I used to sit and say prior to my babies arriving I wouldn't do this and I wont do that, it's all fair and well in hindsight but when they arrive, mother instint takes over and you will do everything in your will to protect them.

I wouldn't put my girls in their own room at 3 months, I'd wait until 6 months as that is when the risk of cot death reduces significantly, but hey that's my opinion.

x

I couldn't do it before 6 month

OH said when shes grew out of mose basket maybe ........ He got growled at! He gets that alot bless him :lol: I'd rather be inconvenienced by a cot than her in her own room before 6 months min!

I couldn't do it before 6 month

OH said when shes grew out of mose basket maybe ........ He got growled at! He gets that alot bless him :lol: I'd rather be inconvenienced by a cot than her in her own room before 6 months min!

Isn't it funny how the men would ship them out as soon as possible? - Although Paul likes having them in bed with us at times for a cuddle, if he had his way, we'd have our bedroom back now....God knows how we actually made Frankie! lol

I must be one of those overprotective mummy's then lol, at the moment we have a big chest of drawers (tallboy), bethanie's cot and then our wardrobe.. so she is in a cosy little place and I can see her from bed, we changed the room around and I didn't like her being..... *drumroll* - by the door!
So own room..? lol

dunno?

when we still had Juleika sleeping with us in bed, OH said he enjoys it waking up and seing her little head next to him :baby:

I agree with KX 'bout the mother instinct! I also thought I will be cool 'bout everything, but now I am kind of overprotective :dohh:

Raven has been in her own room since she was 11 days old I have never had her in my room except when she was sick. We always used her angelcare and I fully intend on putting baby in her new nursery as soon as I bring her home from hospital once again using her angelcare. Raven always slept better in her own room when my mom was staying in our house raven was in with us and anytime one of us moved or coughed she woke!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->