Baby is awake at least 20 hours a day on average....

3rdboy

Reaction score
I am pregnant with my third son and he is awake and kicking vigorously 20 or so hours every day! This has been going on for at least a month now. I am almost 30 weeks pregnant now. I am scared that he will not sleep at all when he is born and with and 2 and 3 year old already.... Is there any hope he will sleep like a normal baby once he is born? Also I have been loosing wieght this whole pregnancy and now my stomach shrunk dramatically in the last week and My braxtons have been getting more frequent and more pain full I even felt my self "widen" with one with a sharp pain... I couldn't tell if it was my bone down there or my cervix... I am still 2 months out and I am so scared..

I was curious about what they get up to in there, so did some reading... seems they cycle through being half asleep - sleeping heavily - half awake - very awake. So I would guess maybe your guy just moves a lot during both the very awake and semi-awake cycles? Maybe Baby will just move and wriggle a lot in bed? :flower:

I think if you're losing weight and you feel like your bumps shrinking you really need to tell your midwife or the hospital. And any changes in movement whether less or more or dufferent should defibitely be reported. Probably all is fine but I promise the midwives will be glad to see you xx

I think if you're losing weight and you feel like your bumps shrinking you really need to tell your midwife or the hospital. And any changes in movement whether less or more or dufferent should defibitely be reported. Probably all is fine but I promise the midwives will be glad to see you xx

Sorry! Not sure how I missed the shrinkng belly comment. I agree with the pp- you should definitely call your dr or midwife about that :flower:

I'm also pregnant with my 3rd son.... I had this exact thing going on around 28 wks .... He was so active I thought something was wrong !! This went on for about a month or so.... Then gradually slowed down .... Around 28-32wks my belly measurements stopped .... I stayed at 27 from my 26-32 wk check up! Now I'm about 37wks and he is very lazy.... The past 2 wks I have been almost worried to death some days he is so lazy.... Maybe running out of room? I have a small frame and still a pretty small belly, but I did suddenly pop the past few days .... My dr told me since I'm small it could be baby's position that effects the measurements/size .... There's not much padding around baby... So he's everything !

Lovemy2boys I was told that movements shouldn't reduce because of less space. Are your drs not concerned about your size? I blissfully went through the last few weeks with my daughter when I was losing weight and movement was reducing and I just thought 'it's Cos she's got less room' she was fine but born at 42 weeks on the 5th centile so I think we were lucky but we're getting growth scans this time and I'm much more clued up about movement this time. Count the kicks is an amazing site. They have an app too and lots of info xxx

I'm not sure about my dr at times to be honest :/ he is very almost overly carefree, he pretty much blows off all my concerns and tells me to stop worrying ..... He's my dr so I try to have faith in his words.... But there's always that concern lingering in the back of my head! :/ at this point he could be here any day.... I'm going to talk about it again at my apt on Wed.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->