Baby is barely engaged, so fed up!! anyone with similar experience?

zenaa

Reaction score
After all the aches and pains I've had this week, I thought my baby might be ready to come. I got myself and the house all tidy and ready went to my OB today only to find that the baby is 4/5 engaged which apparently means about one fifth of her head is in my pelvis. Now im thinking not only will she not come this week, that she will be overdue. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Sorry, nothing similar here. I'm only 31 weeks but with my last two I was never told how engaged they were. They just each showed up on their on time 37 and 38 weeks. Good luck.

I had no engagement at 41 weeks... I understand your frustration.

Neither of my two engaged until I was actually in labour. This one however is a little engaged already. Try not to stress, baby will come in its own sweet time.

It feels like these last days are the slowest. each day gets slower than the other, keeping my fingers crossed

My ds wasn't engaged til my waters broke at 9 days past my due date well into my labour.
Xx

You dont need your baby to be engaged for labour to start.

If labour starts your uterus contracts the baby down into your pelvis :)

Agree with PP. I had an appt the Wednesday before I went into labour (39 wks)and doc said the baby's head was still high, at -2 station, and that I might go overdue. I went into labour that Friday (two days after) and had the baby on Sat morn. I had a lot of pelvic pressure on Friday afternoon.

This is my 2nd baby though, where they say dropping can happen just before labour. Is this your first,?

I just had my baby yesterday, but even during labor her head was still popping around on my hips! When I was fully dilated they scooted my butt down on the bed with me tilted down and let gravity pull her down with the contractions. I had an epidural. Sweet sweet epidural, how I love you anyway hehe, it was very effective and I felt the urge to push shortly after. Pushed for 15 mins so notbad!
This is my second baby. It was a lot harder for her to get engaged than my first daughter.

Agree with PP. I had an appt the Wednesday before I went into labour (39 wks)and doc said the baby's head was still high, at -2 station, and that I might go overdue. I went into labour that Friday (two days after) and had the baby on Sat morn. I had a lot of pelvic pressure on Friday afternoon.

This is my 2nd baby though, where they say dropping can happen just before labour. Is this your first,?

Yes hun it is my first bubba. I feel like I dont even have any of the pressure apart from my bladder feels like shes on top of it. Im waiting so we'll see how it all goes

I had constant painful regular contractions every night for months with my son.. Deffo let down when I was checked for progress at triage from 35 weeks onward with barely 1 cm, no thinning, and floating baby to show for it... Soooo discouraging since I dilated to 3 and effaced 100% with dd before delivering her at 40+5.. Well one day I was checked at triage and sent home at 1 cm STILL only to have my water break an hour later. I went straight back to triage and was at 7, delivered my son another hour later.

My two labors were on opposite ends of the spectrum leading me to believe that progress prior to labor hitting means absolutely nothing. My dd was 5 days late, 12 hr active labor even tho I went into it 100% effaced and 3cm dilated. Water didn't break til 10cm.

My son was born 38+6 with a 1.5 hr active labor, being at 1 cm prior. My water broke before active labor.

I don't think engagement shows much to be honest. I was 2/5 at 37 weeks and still had to be induced at 42 weeks, and even then my daughter wouldn't move on her own and I ended up with a section. Don't let it get you down too much, it could still happen any time x

At a week overdue my midwife tried to give me a sweep,she said my cervix was so high she couldn't reach it to do one. Baby wasn't engaged either. He arrived two days later after a 4 and a half hour labour. I wouldn't worry xx

I had regular strong contractions throughout my entire pregnancy only to find 0% progress all the way up to being checked at 38 weeks 6 days... Only to have my water break that same day and be at 7 cm, delivering a beautiful baby boy 1.5 hours later....

Progress before active labor means NOTHING.

I dilated to 3 and effaced 100% weeks before active labor with my dd, she was 5 days late & labor was 12 hours long with her too.

It really means absolutely nothing in my experience, don't be discouraged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->