Baby Jacks arrival @ 36+6

Marg_27

✿ Proud Mummy of 2 ✿
Reaction score
Ok, so...
Mon 10th Aug admitted to hosp with high BP, which settled over night.

Tues 11th Aug I saw my consultant for a scan on my lil boys heart as he had an irregular hb. She had been told about me being admitted with high BP and decided that with that and all the other probs, it would be best to try and get things moving, so she gave me a sweep. I had been having mild contractions on and off since the Sunday, and when she did the sweep I was already 2cm dilated :happydance:
When I got home I felt all crampy and was losing alot of bloody mucous.

Wed 12th Aug overnight getting regular mild contractions every 10-15mins, stopped around 5am. :hissy:
Appointment at hosp shows raised BP again, so admitted again. CTG shows regular contractions, every 10mins. MW thinks Im in early labour.
contactions on and off all through the day.
7:30pm contractions start coming every 8mins and starting to get uncomfortable.
9pm still coming every 8mins, and really painful in my back. Still losing LOTS of bloody mucous.
11:30pm Tell mw on ward that Im in alot of pain, she huffs, and sends me off for a bath and gives me PARACETAMOL!!!
Thursday 13th Aug
12:30am get outta bath in agony, tell mw again, she says ''you dont even look like your in labour! I'll bet u only have a pain score of 1, go back to bed!!''
OMG!! WTF!!
1am Tell bitch MW that she needs to do somethin as I cant stand it any longer, so after alot of tutting she puts me on CTG.
Contractions still only every 8 mins, but hitting 85% on toco.
Witch phones down to labour suite but says they prob wont take me as contractions not close enough!!
2am Labour suite say I can go down :happydance: witch moans bout havin to take me as ''you'll be back up here when theyve checked you over''
2:15am on CTG on labour ward to keep an eye on LOs heart. Havin back labour so NEED to be bent over bed to relieve pressure, but cant cuz need to be monitored. In alot of pain so ask for pain relief, MW says, u cant have anythin other than paracetamol beacuse ur not in labour!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!!
2:30am finally convince mw to do an internal (she was reluctant as I wasnt 37 weeks! I WAS 36+6!!!!) Internal performed, IM 5CM DILATED!!! Hmmm guess I am in labour after all!!! FFS!! all the way to 5cm with no support and only paracetamol!
2:40amliterally minutes after checking me, the mw is back with the anaethetist to administer epidural as 'clearly in alot of pain' YOU DONT SAY!!!
3:40am epidural finally in, 8 attempts later!!!
6:45am Nice and calm, cant feel contractions in my ass, but not painful... MW suddenly jumps up, hits the alarm on the wall and screams for a doc to 'Get here right now!!' pulls up my cover, checks me, says right, ur 9cm, with ur next contraction u gotta push,Im gna break ur waters, we gotta get him out NOW!!' She then yells at my mums to pass her somethin outta the drawer which she uses to break my waters. Next minute there are 8 other people in the room, and theyre discussing emergancy c-section.
Contraction comes and I push, and push, mw has to hold my cervix open the last cm to get him out.
7:04am Baby Jack is born, 4lb10oz, content as anything and wondering what all these people are staring at!!!!

I have 5 mins to cuddle him, then he's whisked off to neonatal :cry:
He's on neonatal for 36hours and then Im allowed him by my side. :cloud9:

Aww that brought tears to my eyes.

Congrats honey :wohoo:

Congratulations again chick. So pleased Jack finally made an appearance x

Welcome to the world, Baby Jack!
Well done sweety & huge congrats again to you and your family!

Psstt... Upload facebook pics to photobucket or something! We gotta seeeee! :tease:

:hugs::hugs:

Congrats on your tiny little bundle - I would complain about that witch of a MW!!! I had the issue of contractions in my back and being hooked up and not able to move - I was given heat packs which soon went cold!

Wishing you all the best in the future!!

xxx

You no what i think to him, and how proud of u i am, i just want more cuddles with him! lol
xxxxxxxx

Congratulations honey!!! :hugs: dying to see pics!

Godness what a dramatic ending but congratulations hon. xx

Congrats again, glad little Jack is home and well. Take care xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"