Baby Jakey's arrival story <3

sianyld

Mammy to Baby Jakey :)
Reaction score
As for a birth story...here goes....

8am Tues 28th June- Mild contractions started coming around every 10-15 mins lasting around 30 secs...they were very bareable and went about my day as usual. Had a walk round the town etc mid afternoon. As the day progressed they started to get closer together and lasting longer but still bearable. Mw stated to try to stay at home for as long as possible. Had some dinner and by 11pm the pains were far more regular and far more intense!! Mike and i decided to walk around the street for 30 mins to keep me active! wow the pains were really starting to take the wind outta me. by midnight thy were still regular and lasting longer so we decided to ring L+D and go in to see where i was in terms of labour.

at midnight i was 2-3cm dialated and 50% effaced...they offered to keep me in the early stages of labour suite but said that i could go home and try to get some sleep first and come back...whilst i was there te MW gave me a good sweep to get things moving a bit quicker, it didnt really hurt and i felt ok. went home but had no luck whatsoever with sleeping, the contractions were every 3 mins lasting over a min at a time...managed to stay at home till 5am when i had my bloody show and decided that it was time to go back in to L+D.

when i got there they checked me over and i was 4-5cm dialated and was 100% effaced....so they kept me in and started me off on the gas and air...first of all i felt quite tipsy lol, starting feeling quite happy and mellow and just breathed thru each contraction with gas and air it was great , 4hrs later and they checked my cervix again only to find that i had only dilated by 1cm, gas ad air was still my vice and was still coping well, they monitored baby's HB and he was happy too!

a few hrs later and i was still only 5cm and at this point they decided to break my waters as i didnt seem to be progressing...flipping hell it hurt! The MW took a good while to break my waters and she said they were really tough...but got there eventually! after that all i remeber was everyone telling me to drink more coz i was so dehydrated and i was struggling alot with the pain...they offered me pethidine at this point and i was so exhausted i just agreed to any help i could get!

I got up moved around on all fours and hanging over the bed to try and move things along a bit! the pethidine kicked in and i felt completely out of it but just kept on te gas and air inbeteween being sick! people tried taking the gas+air off me and i just WOULD NOT hand it over!!!! the pain was immense but still just carried on going...eventually i got to 9cm and i started to feel like i needed to push but they wouldnt let me...they put a trace on Jakey's head and he was still doing fine...they also sctartched the top of his heads for bloods to make sure he was coping and he was fine. They decided to put canula in at this point as i was dyhydrated and exhausted that the contractions were wearing off and they were going to put me on a hormonal drip to bring them back on...at this point they were struggling to find a vein to get fluids into me...the next bits are all a blur really, they were prodding me internally which flipping well hurt, and went and got the consultant...by this point there were 8 professionals in the room, MW's, consultants, anethetist and god knows who else...mike and my mum looked so worried. I just shouted at the professionals and told them that my baby needed to come out NOW and that i wanted a section as i felt the forceps and vontouse was too much for him...they eventually agreed and wheeled me off to theatre! i was sooo scared, the spinal block was ok but mid contarction trying to sit up and realx was hard work...Suddenly all the pain disappeared and Mike came in the room all dressed up in a gown! they told me to relax and started to do the C-section...

AND FINALLY at 3:20pm on Wednesday June 29th 2011 my little baby boy Jacob Michael Wood was born weighing only 5lbs 15+1/2 oz's....they told us the cord was wrapped round his neck 3 times!! i knew i needed my baby out...it was the most scary experience ever but would do it all again in an instant....i couldnt feel my legs for a good few hrs afterwards etc but i didnt care as long as my little man was safe and healthy...still sore and a bit from it all but wow! never expeted all that!
xxxxxxx i love my little man soooo much :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

heres some piccys of him....
SAM_0396.jpg SAM_0397.jpg

SAM_0401.jpg SAM_0404.jpg

Congratulations, so glad he got here safely in the end xxxx

Congratulations he is beautiful. How did you know that he needed to come out right then and there, as you said in the story that he seemed to be monitoring quite well, or was he monitoring well just at the beginning? Just curious, I'm still TTC #1 so I don't know much about L+D lol.

Congratulations he is beautiful. How did you know that he needed to come out right then and there, as you said in the story that he seemed to be monitoring quite well, or was he monitoring well just at the beginning? Just curious, I'm still TTC #1 so I don't know much about L+D lol.

instinct just kicked in by then hun i think. id been in labour for a long time, he was still doing fine on a ll the monitors and even the bloods they took from him when he was still inside...they were going to use forceps and i didnt want him pulled around as i felt something was wrong and he needed to come out! No idea wat told me that but it was just a feeling that i had. good luck hunny and :dust:x

Goodness hun what a story!! I'm happy to hear you are all doing well! He's gorgeous!! x

Wow well i'm glad he is all right, what a beautiful baby :)

HUGE HUGE congrats and :hugs: babe. I'm so happy for you. He is a proper little cutie :cloud9: xx

awwww lovely My we boys name is going to be Jacob too :) x

thanx every 1

Yeah jacob is def a popular name :) :thumbup: love it!

Aww sofie look at little Jake all ready he's gorgeous :)

Scamp - Thanx so much hun, and hope ur doing ok :hugs: xxx

Great story, thanks for sharing and congratulations, your baby boy is so cute!!!

Sarah.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"