Baby James very late birth story.

k8y

Reaction score
Cant believe its taken me 4 months to get round to posting my birth story,

Any way here it is if anyones interested.

Baby James was due on the 29th April, On the 18th I ad been feeling really uncomfortable all day, Id been to my mums for dinner and just had to stand up most of the day as It was just so uncomfy to sit.

That night I went to bed early, at 12 oclock I woke up to a popping sensation and a gush, pretty sure what it was I nudged DH and told him I think my waters have gone. He got up and put the light on, It seems silly now but I was too scared to sit up and look so asked DH what it looked like, Was it clear? He said not really, well when i looked it was so yukky and brown looked the only way to describe it was like an over brewed cup of tea with no milk lol.

After phoning the delivery suite I was told to come in straight away, after collecting my mum we made our way asap to the hospital my contractions started in the car. We got to the hospital and I was put on a monitor immediately to measure babies heart rate. This monitor did not leave my side throughout my labour.

They did another scan to make sure he was still pointing in the right direction and started my on a drip to speed up my labour as James had done a Poo while inside and this can be very dangerous. I was told if I was not in 'Labour' in 6 hours they would do a c-section

The pains began getting worse quite quickly I had a shot of pain killer and shortly was sick everywhere. After a few hours I started on the gas and air which was fab, I really wish now looking back I didnt have the pain killer as it just made me feel bad and didnt really help with the pain

The contractions carried on and I continued to be monitered. At around 8.30am the Midwife said he thought it would be about an hour but shortly after I had the almight urge to push, I had a pediatrician doctor and midwife. Its so hard to explain the feeling, it was as if I wasnt pushing but my body was, and they kept telling me to stop pushing but I was trying to tell them I wasnt and another push would come. They looked at the monitor and said that babies heart rate had dropped alot. after an internal they decided I was ready afterall and that I could push ! doh !

After a few pushes we the doctor said that my baby may not cry when he comes out and the Peadiatrician was waiting for him so she could resusitate him. I heard the doc say something about an episiotomy and thought bugger ! Im gonna push so hard ths time, I pushed twice more and he was out CRYING !!! I didnt even realise the doc had done the episiotomy. We were so relieved that he was crying. The cord had to be cut straight away before it had stopped pulsing and my DH didnt get to do it:cry: He was checked over by the Peadiatrician and they left the cord a bit longer than usual so DH could cut the end off lol. He was born at 9.25 on Sunday 19th April. Weighing a dinky 6lb 9 0z

As soon as he was checked we had skin to skin and he was breastfed straight away. It was amazing. I then had a bath and my mum and Dh dressed James. We were all home in our own bed by 10pm that night.

When James was a few weeks old I was in the post office and a woman was telling me a horror story birth, Was more or less excactly the same as my story except not such a happy ending, It scared me and made me realise how very lucky we were to have our beautiful healthy baby boy.

Pictures added.

Attachments

• james 057.jpg
    james 057.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 54
  • james 059.jpg
    james 059.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 38
  • james 063.jpg
    james 063.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 27
  • james 064.jpg