baby Jasper, born 4/11/11 :)

Catherine896

Reaction score
Baby Jasper was born at 10.55am on Friday 4th November. 9 days late and 7lbs 8.5oz :cloud9:

After having a sweep on Wednesday the 2nd, Id started losing plug. Nothing else happened Wednesday so was a bit disappointed!

Thursday I carried on losing plug but it got alot less and I was getting more and more convinced the sweep wasnt going to work. I was having a random contraction now and again, about 8-10 that day, so nothing regular or too painful.

I went to bed at midnight, just dozing off and a contraction came on about 6 minutes after Id had one. Started falling asleep again, and about 6 minutes later I had another. I started timing them on my phone (iphone app contraction timer) They were coming very regularly, the longest gap between them was 9 minutes and that was only 2 or 3 contractions. Other than that they were all from 4-6 minutes apart, sometimes closer.

Most of the pain was in my back, which I was expecting due to baby being back to back. Led on my side or back and I was in agony with them, they were only bearable with being on my hands and knees or leaning over something. 6.45am ish they were getting a bit more painful so I told my Mum what was happening, had a bath and made OH start getting my other bag ready.

Decided to ring the hospital because since they had started coming regularly at midnight they had averaged at over a minute long and 3ish minutes apart. They said to stay at home as thats the best place for me, try to hold on til my appointment at 1.30pm when the baby was going to be assesssed due to being overdue. Quite surprised at this as Id told them how far apart they were and long they were lasting etc..?! I had a contraction on the phone but because I was really concentrating on breathing, instead of screaming Im thinking they thought it wasnt too bad.

Anyway, got to 9.30am and I decided I had to go in because they were just too regular and not slowing down. I got to the hospital at around 10.10am. Hobbled around to a room to be checked and had a few contractions come on top eachother just walking to the room. They never managed to check how dilated I was as contractions suddenly were just coming one after the other. I couldnt lie down I had to be on my knees or stood up, I was puffing away on gas and air telling them to check me 'cos there was ALOT of pressure and I was telling them it wasnt me pushing, I could just feel him coming down! I couldnt lie down for them to check how dilated I was - my back was AGONY as soon as I turnt to lie down I had to go straight back to my knees for another contraction coming on They had to say to push when I needed to. Next thing I knew, because I was away with the fairys on the gas and air, they were saying they could see his hair etc, then his head was born, then he was out! He was born at 10.55am. I was pushing for less than 3 minutes! Id only been in the hospital for about 40ish minutes!

I am chuffed to bits with myself that I did it on only gas and air because I was waiting for them to offer me pain relief I was going to have an epidural like Id had with my first sons birth! I had no tears and not even any bruising. The only pain on me is in my back and the cramping Im getting, barely even stings when I wee!

Unfortunately, I had a retained placenta, I had to go to theater and have it manually removed with a spinal injection thing to numb me. Im gutted that Id managed the birth on just gas and air, I cant believe my body 'failed' with the placenta. Because of the spinal I had to have a catheter in and obviously was numb from my belly button down for a good 3-4 hours.

We had to stay in because babys temp was slightly raised they were worried about infection so he needed to be checked 4 hourly and I wasnt allowed my catheter out for 12 hours. We got home yesterday at about 5pm, even though we were given the all clear before 12lunchtime to go home they just werent getting round to discharging us :growlmad:

Baby Jasper is fantastic, his big brother loves him to pieces, he is feeding well, pooping and peeing well and I am over the moon. Sometimes I get teary just thinking about him/looking at him :cloud9:

Got to rush off so may be back to check for anything Ive missed later, Jasper is waking up!

Thanks for reading xx

Attachments

• jasper2.jpg
    jasper2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 17
Congratulations chick, he is gorgeous, love the name and wow to the fast labour - shame about the 3rd stage but overall sounds like a great experience. Enjoy your little bundle of joy.

Awww! Congratulations. He's adorable. Well done on going into hospital when you did and doing it only on gas and air. :flower:

Thankyou, Im very pleased that I did it with gas and air, it actually worked very well and would definitely recommend to use it! With my first son I dont think I was using it properly so wasnt keen on trying it again but glad I did. I was all ready for an epidural when I got there lol.

Aww congratulations, lovely story. Beautiful baby :)

Wow!! What an incredibly quick birth! :) Congratulations on doing it with just gas and air!! Pity about your placenta not co-operating as wonderfully though ): must be so nice to have your son in your arms now though! :3

https://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww190/FreshHope_photos/comments/72babycongrats.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"