Baby Jessica Sarah Josie Green - Big baby natural birth!

mum2bdec10

Reaction score
So my precious Jessica has finally arrived. i was terrified of being in hospital over xmas day but she didn't keep me waiting too long as was only 4 days overdue.

After a week of gradually loosing my plug and a few pangs, i went to bed early on tuesday night feeling generally a bit rubbish. I woke up at 11.45 and had a bit of pain but went to the loo and had a big poo (TMI) and thought that was the end of it. Went back to bed and carried on getting pains, so decided to get up and see if they stopped.

i was wriggling on my ball and thought that the pains weren't that horrendous, but that they were a bit too close together (every 3 mins lasting about 40 seconds), i called the hospital and they said to try and stay at home, have a bath and take paracetamol. Got in the bath and after 5 minutes i decided they were a bit too much to cope with at home and so at 0100am headed into hospital.

The ward was really busy and so my midwife kept popping in and out, i was struggling through the contractions now 2 mins apart and lasting about a minute, but i still thought that this couldnt be it and that i would either be sent home or be there a long long time. as they were so busy they didnt get to examine me until 3am, at this point i felt i really needed something to help with the pain and was definately considering an epidural, my mum didnt even think i was far along enough to have G&A which made me want to punch her lol.

The midwife finally examined me and told me that i was 9cm dialated and that this baby wouldnt be far along. OMG WHAT? i was so proud of myself having got that far along totally drug free but also gutted as i wasnt allowed an epidural this far along. so G&A it was. i didnt really feel like it helped with the pain but i felt a bit out of it which must have helped.

My body took over and with every contraction i felt her go further down, i was grunting away lol, then with 2 hard pushes from me i got her head out, and yes the ring of fire really kills! Then with determination i got her body out in one push as i wanted it over. you feel like you have to stop pushing but then you get that spurt to push for another 10 seconds. So she was born at 6.06am Wednesday 15th December just over 6 hours labour first baby. My OH was amazing he kept looking down there and telling me how he didnt know how i was doing it but i was amazing for doing so :) he also cut the cord but i had to look away ha ha

i was so chuffed with myself having given birth naturally, especially considering she turned out to be 9lb 11.6 ounces!!!! the gutting thing was she had given me a third degree tear so after all that i ended up having to have a spinal block and having surgery to stitch me back up. Having the spinal block made me realise i was actually glad i didnt have the epidural as it freaked me out not being able to feel my legs and i wouldnt have felt those vital pushes my body forced upon me.

Anyway yes it really hurt but i didnt know i had torn until they told me so dont fear it and i would definately go through it again to feel the love i feel for my little girl, you really cant believe how much you love them until they arrive.

anyone who is scared of labour it is painful but your body really does take over and the reward is totally worth it.

i am biaised anyway but i really think she is a beautiful baby :cloud9:

:)

Attachments

• jess1.JPG
    jess1.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 56
  • jess2.JPG
    jess2.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 83
  • jess3.JPG
    jess3.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 55
She's gorgeous, congratulations!! :) xx

oh and i also just want to brag, i was a size 16-18 pre pregnancy but after only 4 days i am 3lbs lighter than what i was before i was pregnant and i got in my old jeans today WOHOO!!!

i also didnt poo on the birthing table ha ha YES!!!

and your dignity really does go out the window, i hated the idea of getting everything out but i think at least 20 different people have seen my floof, bum and boobs over this week and i really dont care any more :)

Congratulations she is gorgeous, and its so nice to hear such a positive birth story, if mines anything like yours I will be a very happy woman x

Sounds like you did brilliantly! Congratulations, and I LOVE Jessica's red Christmas dress! xxxx

Oh how lovely! Sounds very like my first labour experience - just like your body did exactly what it was meant to :) Your LO is beautiful hun, and she looks like she's had a manicure!! hehe x

She is so beautiful, congratulations. You are going to have such a special Christmas xxx

dress was from matalan, she actually didnt like wearing it ha ha, but i took the picture an then took it off to send in an xmas email.

i know her nails are amazing! shame i have to cut them off!

and birth was painful but definately not as bad as i thought, would definately do it again!

:)

Thanks for sharing this positive experience. It really does make me feel better to read stories like this. It sounds like you really adore your little angel. I can't wait to meet mine!!

A beautiful birth story for a beautiful little girl. :kiss: Welll done you!

Congratulations on the birth of Jessica, she is gorgeous and well done on such a positive birth story! :)

Congratulations what a lovely birth story! Thank you for sharing x

Congratulations hun, another big baby maker here 10lb 8 1/2 on just G&A too. Bit scared how big this one will be.... eeek . you did so well and she is beautiful well done xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->