Baby Joshua's Arrival To The World.Born 4-5-09.6 Days Late.

cybermum

MUM TO 2 BOYS.
Reaction score
I went into hospital on Saturday 2nd May at 8.30am after being booked in for an induction.
When I got there we were told they were very busy and not to expect to get to delivery suite before 8pm ,at least and was shown my bed.

Was examined and found to be 2cm dilated and basically had to lie there a lot whilst MWs did CTGS and BP etc:dohh:

I had geared myself up thinking LO was going to be here Saturday night or Sunday morning and was wondering if I would ever get to delivery suite!

They were so busy three women were to each delivery room at one point!
I then crossed my legs and thought I could hold out a bit longer!

So Sunday came and hubby was anxious,bless.
I had been jabbed with needles previous night because part of my waters had gone and they wanted me on antibiotics asap to protect against infection.

So,4.30pm MW comes and says "Finally we are ready for you!":happydance:
We made our way around and settled into the room.
My MW did an internal and asked when I last did a #2 :blush:,apparently I was bunged up and thats why bubs head wasn't further down :blush:

I blame the iron tabs my DR prescribed me.
So she gave me an enema and OMG it was brill,I loved it!
Rushed to the loo and came out ready to get rest of waters broken which hurt a lot because my cervix was very posterior.

Pains started coming around 7..30pm and were gradually getting worse.Around this time I started with gas and air but held off having it after a few times because it made me go dizzy and feel out of control.
By 9pm I was begging for an epidural,baby was back to back and I couldn't sit still.
MR Epi Man set up the tube etc but it didn't work first time properly so he started again and then over the next 30 mins the pains became MUCH more bearable.
MW then got my syntocin drip started (with second son they started the syntocin first and the pain was horrendous,it kind of brings the pains faster and much stronger) and said the epidural would kick in very quickly.

Hubby was brilliant,telling me he loved me,I was doing a great job etc :cloud9:
I had an internal at 10pm and DR turned the syntocin levels up to increase contractions because he said dilation needed to increase faster than it was.

At 1am he came back and did another internal and said I was 8 cms dilated and that baby would be here in the next two hours!

Hubby leapt up out of his chair having being half asleep,LOL
The time then seemed to go quickly,next time MW examined me she said "I can see babys head!" and she was then rushing around getting everything ready and sent hubby rushing out to get a blanket.
As she was telling him to do that I could feel Joshua's head crowning and I had a very intense desire to push but my MW telling me to stop and hold on.
I think she was a bit shocked at how quickly it was moving.
I felt his head come out and it was amazing ,then with deep pushes and effort his body followed in 5 pushes and he let out the biggest cries ever!

He was born at 4.33am and I couldn't stop smiling and looking at him and kissing him :cloud9:

Hubby was stood there dazed LOL and with his eyes all welled up.

It was my best birth out of the three I have had and I felt very relaxed and calm ,not all inductions are bad.
Mine was great, I really enjoyed it :happydance:

Here he is,Baby Joshua and he weighed in at 6lbs 12ozs.
https://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee107/cybermommy/Picture098.jpg

awww congratulations - he's gorgeous!! x

Was thinking about you that weekend. Congratulations, what a cutie and he shares his birthday with Ellis x x

Congratulations hun, he is just gorgeous :hugs:

xxx

congrats, hes gorgeous x

Hes beautiful! Well done for having an enjoyable birth! x

Congratulations! What a lovely pic, he is absolutely gorgeous! xx

Was thinking about you that weekend. Congratulations, what a cutie and he shares his birthday with Ellis x x

Aw I remember the April mummies overdue thread LOL
Felt like we were pregnant forever :rofl:

I haven't been online much because of lack of sleep :rofl:

awww GORGEOUS little fella!
congratulations and well done you!
LP
xox

Congratulations!! Welcome Baby Joshua!

:hug:

He is Gorgeous Hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online