Baby Juice

ab2401

Reaction score
So in a few other threads I have talked about Rylee being constipated, I have tried adult prune juice 100% juice watered down... after 2 days it started to work but then it stopped working so today my mother told me to try baby apple juice not watered down. I gave her about an ounce already do you think that will be ok for her? it not being watered down?

I have tried EVERYTHING!!! water alone, watered down prune juice and suppositories.

I'm at my wits end and shes hurting so bad.

My MIL (sort of mil lol) told us the old way of brown suger (one used for cooking) to water half a tea spoon to 1oz of cool boiled water!

I've seen suggestions of more water in milk - Like if hes taking 4oz thats 4 scoops so make 5oz but still add 4 scoops (add 1 more ounce basically).

Just some tips I've been told hun x

I had the same problem with my son when he was new born, and it is sooo frustrating to see them in pain and not be able to do anything for them :hugs: ... it went on for over a month... in and out of the doctors office.... and after trying everything that the doctors told me (gelatin suppositories, warm baths, belly rubs, moving his legs in a cycling motion ect.) I took it upon myself to change his formula to Soy, and BAM!!! Problem solved!! Now I don't know if this will be of any help to you, because I don't know if you BF or formula feed. Best of luck... I know it is sooo hard to see!!

oh I have been doing the extra water in the formula for weeks now... guess I forgot about that one when I was listing them..... since I have tried so many things.

I guess after a few days of the straight apple juice if I see no good signs I will try the brown sugar.

I have always been so scared to do anything other then formula but I guess at this point I will try anything.

so do you think not watering down the juice is fine?

Anyone?

also whats the difference between water and boiled water?

Jenelle: Thank you for your input... I was trying to BF but my boobs just quit on me :cry: well I was doing both really... but anyways, she was on normal formula, then we switched her to sensitive formula..... I am just worried about how much calcium she would get if we moved her to soy. Do you know anything about that?

We dont go see the nutritionist until next month so if thats something I needed to do I can do it there but like I said I'm kinda worried about the calcium factor.

I guess thats something I can try after the stright juice and then then brown sugar. :hissy::::Sighs::::sad2:

I agree with Wobbles, my midwife also suggested the brown sugar. Hope something works soon x

Well I used Enfamil Soy Prosobee, and it had 105 mg of calcium per 5oz serving, and the recomended daily intake of an infant is at least 210 mg a day, so in just 2 servings he had enough. But i do agree with you, I would wait to see the nutritionist, just to be safe... But I had to do something, I was at my wits end. Hope something works for you!!

also whats the difference between water and boiled water?

I think you only have to boil your water if you have well water. We have city water and my pediatrician told me it was fine. She said it was probably better for him, actually.

Freshly squeeze an orange and dilute a couple of tablespoons with an oz of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->