Baby Kalyn Anne Marie has arrived <3

karamel

Reaction score
Born ; June 24th 2010 at 4:25pm *her due date*
Weight ; 10lbs, 5oz
Length ; 21inches

So on June 24th, I had an appointment at 10:40am for an NST. I went to the hospital and was hooked up to the machine. Her heartbeat was ranging from 175-185, so much faster than it should be. The nurse had me change positions, gave me an IV of fluids and her heartbeat stayed high. The nurse then called my OB, who was in the OR that day. About an hour and a half after the NST began, my OB came downstairs to see me. He walked in the room and said that the baby was tired (she was actually in distress, but he didn't mention that at the time) and needed to come out and he was going to do an emergency c-section. He got the forms, had me sign them and said that I'd be going up in about 2 hours as he was just about to do another surgery. He did do an exam, and baby wasn't engaged at all, so he said that he wouldn't even bother attempting to induce me, as she wasn't going to arrive naturally anyways.
So about 3pm, I was taken to the OR. I waited around for a while, and was then taken into the room for a spinal. My OH was there, and had to wait outside until the spinal was done. They tried giving me two seperate spinals but the needle wasn't long enough, so they ended up doing just an epidural. Once I was all ready to go, they brough my OH in and then it began.
The drugs for the epidural made me nauseous ; so they had to give me something to stop the nausea, twice. It was an odd feeling during the surgery, a lot of pressure really.
At 4:25pm I finally heard my baby girl cry, and then heard all the assistants and my OB start saying "wow she's a big girl" and then started guessing her weight. They brought her over to my left right when she came out so me and my OH could take a look at her. Then they took her to get cleaned up. They asked my OH if he wanted to trim her cord, but he chose not to. (After the fact I found out that he said no because he hadn't eaten all day, his stomach was kind of upset and he was afraid he'd throw up if he did it) After she was cleaned up, my OH and the nurse took her down to the nursery to be weighed and dressed and such while I got stitched up.
About 5 or 5:30pm (not entirely sure) I was taken to recovery. It was 6:45 before I was able to move my legs sufficiently enough to be taken to my room. So, I was taken downstairs, cleaned up and finally at 7pm, I finally got to see and hold my baby girl.
She's absolutely perfect and I love her to pieces!
So it's been 6 days, the pain is finally starting to subside. I've been home since Sunday and am absolutely blessed to have such a wonderful daughter and wonderful family and support. I just wish my OH was here.
Here's a few pictures of my beautiful baby girl ;

DSC01106.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

p_00015.jpg

p_00010.jpg

Awww she's gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

congrats on baby kalyn! Beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl! Well done!

Congratulations :) You must be so proud of her x

Aww shes so cute doesn't got her sad face on on the last one bless her congratulations

She's beautiful! And what a lovely name too! Congratulations!

Ahh congratulations hun she is amazing!

I hope you dont mind me asking but did you know you were going to have a big baby? Were you overdue at all? The reason I'm asking is because my baby is measuring a little bigger than he should and I'm curious as to whether you were told the same thing or not?

By the way she's ABSOLUTELY Beautiful!!

Congrats and its nice t hear someone else had a 10lb baby!

I tell people and they faces drop and wonder how I had a 10lb baby but if you my OH you would understand, He`s 6ft4 and he was 3 weeks early and 9lb!lol.

I hope you dont mind me asking but did you know you were going to have a big baby? Were you overdue at all? The reason I'm asking is because my baby is measuring a little bigger than he should and I'm curious as to whether you were told the same thing or not?

By the way she's ABSOLUTELY Beautiful!!

Sorry for the delay in response ;;

For her size ; My fundal height was always measured over, at least by 3 or 4 weeks. And then when I went for a weight estimation, they told me 9lbs, but it could go 21oz either way *she was literally 21oz more!* She was born on exactly her due date, so not overdue at all.
It could very well be that you're expecting a big baby, but at the same time, I've talked to women who were told they were having a big baby only to have like a 6 or 7lber. So it all depends really.
Good luck :)

Congrats and its nice t hear someone else had a 10lb baby!

I tell people and they faces drop and wonder how I had a 10lb baby but if you my OH you would understand, He`s 6ft4 and he was 3 weeks early and 9lb!lol.

Lol ; I hear ya on people's faces dropping! And their next question is always if I had her vaginally (even strangers!)
My OH is only 6', and was only 7lbs 11oz when he was born, BUT, I'm also 6' and I was 8lbs 1/2oz a month early! So I think it's my genes that make big babies ;)

Aww sweetie look at her!! She's just adorable, congratulations xox

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Kz_QkwCLqFY/SbCKLFsPGaI/AAAAAAAACaI/31lrhtcTnMg/s320/Its-A-Girl-Baby-Balloon-Bouquet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->