Baby latching on but not taking much milk.

Eegee

Reaction score
Jasmine normally loves eating but today she's been a bit off with it. She had a few hours sleep last night, woke for a feed, a few more hours sleep and then she woke for another feed but instead she seemed to suck for ages and left a big puddle on the bed! Then she did it again with the other breast. It didn't have any white bits in it so I don't think it was sick - I think she was simply spitting the milk out.

We've been out most of the day - from 13:35 until about 23:50. We went to a café, where she was a bit unsettled but eventually fed briefly and then fell asleep, then had another quick feed when she woke up. Then we went to my cousin's house where I fed her a fairly decent feed before leaving her for a while. She was pretty upset but I was back within two hours and she didn't seem too bothered for a feed, although she took some anyway (she normally eats frequently on an evening). We don't have a routine particularly and we go all over the place without her being bothered, so I don't think going to the café or my cousin's house affected her feeding (and of course it also started during the night, before we'd gone anywhere).

She doesn't seem to be in pain and hasn't had many naps today. My breasts haven't become engorged so she must have been taking some milk each time. She hasn't shown any signs of hunger. She had her posterior tongue tie snipped a week ago today but she's shown no signs of any problems with that.

I'm not concerned because she seems her usual self in general, but what could be the reason for her lack of feeding? Thanks :)

It could be normal. Just her switching it up a bit. My DD did this last week for a day or two. She would normally eat legit every 45 mins if not sooner for 20+ mins, and last week she would feed for about 5 mins every so often. This week she's spaced her feedings out longer were up to 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours! As long as you're DD seems normal otherwise and has wet diapers and BM's she's probably ok. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->