Baby Lyla's birth story :)

Treelo

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Monday morning around 6am i woke me needing a wee had a terrible stitch like pain in my side that kept coming and going felt like i had wind or was constipated or something, got dressed got the boys up and ready for school pains kept getting more painful but they didnt feel like BH or contractions or anything more like rlp or a stitch iykwim so i went on with my normal morning routine, was getting a bit worried as pains were getting quite painful so myself and DH dropped boy to school and headed up to the hospital. I was expecting to be told its just wind or something and sent home again lol!!, at 9.30am I was put on trace and monitored pains were showing as contractions i had an internal done and was 2cm but mw said that as i had 2 babies before i would of been that for a while anyway but my cervix was stretchy and because my last labour was so quick i was told that they would keep me but there was no beds so to go for a cuppa in the cafe and they would call me when a bed was available. So we headed down for a cuppa and DH went had a smoke i chatted to 2 of the woman i know that work in the hospital, at 11.50am i was starving so said to DH we would go back into the cafe and get lunch and another cuppa, so was sitting down eating lunch and pains kept coming and going but were def getting more painful so at 12.30 i finished eating and said to DH i was going to head back up to mat ward to see if i could get anything for the pain so waddled on up asked for pain killers so MW said she would check me see how things were before giving me anything but all rooms were full so she said to follow her to labour ward so on we went. I asked about getting the epidural i never had it on the boys but decided this time to get it, she said no prob but only if i was 3-4cm dialated as if left too long it would delay labour so fine says I, so i hopped up on the bed ready to be told i was 3cm if lucky and was in labour and could get the epi. So lying there and she goes "im afriad no epidural for you pet, your 7cm" i was slightly shocked and they started to think fuck no epi lol!! Had to send DH out to the car for the bags i changed into my nightdress at 12.45 MW broke my waters and i decided that i didnt want to be stuck on my back i wanted to be up on knees lying over back of the bed iykwim so i spent about 5mins trying to turn myself around while hooked up to the trace i was a sight for sore eyes with my bare arse in the air lol!! MW handed me the G&A i got a bad contraction and rem letting a roar out of me and shouting something just cant rem what lol!! I prob terrified the poor women in the other labour wards lol!! I was sucking on the Gas for dear life felt a bit woozy and next thing i felt loads of relief and DH saying shes out lol!! I dont rem pushing her out at all, she was born 1.03pm from going to labour ward to her being born was 20mins. She was slightly blue in the face when she was born as she was born so quickly and her face was bruised poor baby. I thankfully didnt need any stitches and am very glad i didnt get the epidural in the end.
She was born 13 days early, weighing 7lb 1/2oz.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 42
Wow that sounds quick!
Love the name Lyla as well; its currently a backup name for my girls on the way. Your babe is beautiful! Huge congrats to you, mama!
:hugs:

Aww Treelo, she's beautiful!
And what a great labour and birth story!
Thanks for sharing :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->