Baby measuring 1 1/2 weeks behind on early ultrasound

jodiejodie

Reaction score
So I went in last Friday for a dating scan and according to my lmp and ovulation I should have been 7 weeks. I'm 99% positive on my dates.We only saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac and measures about 5w6d Went back today, a week later and I was measuring 6w6d and there was a tiny blob very tiny by the yolk sac but it had not heartbeat. The tech was concerned there was no heartbeat yet. So now I have to wait another week for a scan so see of things have progressed. Has anyone else experienced such a delayed growth before?? This wait is killing me :(

:hugs: i didn't want to read and run but haven't any advice apart from you might have implanted late? I would think its good that baby has grown a week. Fingers crossed all is ok for you and bubs! Xx

There was a part of me that didn't want to reply because my outcome wasn't good, but I also felt bad just reading and running. With my last pregnancy I had ultrasounds every week, always measuring at least a week behind add well as having an abnormal gestational sac shape. Once heartbeat was seen at around 6 or 7 weeks it was a bit slow, 94bpm instead of around 115bpm. Found or at my 9w us that the heart stopped at 8w2d(apprx), baby never grew past 6w3d, mc started naturally at around 10w2d.

I really hope is different for you, please know I'm not sharing my story unkindly or insensitively, but it's possible you ovulated late in your cycle and baby took a long time to implant so remember that as well. Wishing you nothing but the best!

* excuse typos, On my cell

Sending positive vibes your way. Really hope everything turns out OK. Like others said perhaps you ovulated late. :hugs:

I've had it go both ways. With some of my miscarriages, I went in and had a sac measuring over a week smaller than my dates and ended up miscarrying within a few days. Dr diagnosed a blighted ovum or a missed miscarriage. With my kids though, I was measuring 5-7 days behind my lmp dates according to every ultrasound and fundal height (later on) I had so we figure I ovulated a little late and just had small babies. With this baby, I'm measuring right on with my ovulation dates but my lmp was a miscarriage so we can't know for sure if I would have ovulated late and if this baby will be as small as his/her siblings.

Thanks ladies! I've read so many stories that go both ways so I guess I will have to wait. I've had a blighted ovum pregnancy in the past and this one definitely feels different and things are growing this time...it's just that darned heartbeat! I guess I will have to wait and see on Friday!!!

Definitely keep us posted! Keeping things crossed for you until then!

I don't have any personal experience but I've seen positive outcomes many times. Hopefully a weeks growth is a good sign and you're just a little far behind.
Plus when measuring something the size of a pea, well that's tricky.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"