Baby measuring small-pls read

tamina800

Reaction score
I had my 6 week scan last week. As per my LMP, I was supposed to have been 7 weeks, but I was measuring 5 days behind. We chalked it up to not knowing my exact ovulation/conception date.

I had my 7w 4d scan today, and the baby is measuring 5-7 days behind. The doctor said it wasn't a good trend, and next week's scan would be crucial. If I still measured 5-7 days small, then we know the baby is growing on track. But if it measures over 7 days small, then it's a non-viable pregnancy.

I am in shock... I have terrible m/s which i thought was a good sign.

Has this happened to anyone, and everything worked out well?

Also, the baby's heartbeat last week was 118, today was somewhere between 120-130. Don't know if that matters...

Thanks.

My baby was measuring four days small and everything seems alright. I was supposed to be 7+6 but was 7+2. The heartbeat is a good sign.

Sending hugs and warm thoughts. Please keep updates :hugs2:

Well last week I measured 5 days behind, based on my LMP. But I wasn't too worried since I didn't track when I ovulated. So it was possible that the dates were off. What worried me and the doctor is that the baby is measuring even more days behind now. if i was still meauring 5 days behind, it would be ok and the baby would be growing at a steady pace. It's like the growth has slowed last week to this week..

Well during this time sometimes it's hard to get exact measurements. 1mm can throw off dates by a lot from what I have read. I hope this is your case and your bean is okay :flower:

My first daughter was measuring small from day one. The doctor I was seeing in another country brushed it off as me being a smaller person, but wanted me to eat more. Eating more did nothing for the baby. When I came back home baby was still measuring small at 20+ weeks, this doctor brushed it off due to my pre pregnancy size as well. I had my last doctor appointment at 34 weeks, three days later I was in the emergency room with severe side and upper back pain, dealing with a bunch of nurses who thought I was overreacting. By the time the doctor saw me it was determined that I had severe pre clampsia and my sides hurt because my liver was swollen and my kidney's were shutting down. I had an emergency CS and we are all fine now. I'm not telling this story to scare anyone, but to make you aware, if your baby is measuring small throughout the pregnancy and you are 100% sure of your dates, demand more ultra sounds and keep track of your blood pressure. Some babies do catch up and everything is fine, but if yours is not be proactive. Also just an FYI, pre clampsia does not strike until the second trimester or later.

i went in at 7+1 i was measuring 6+5
We heard HB and baby is doing fine.

Its good youve seen HB and that has increased good luck.

During the first 10 weeks babies tend to grow at different rates. Dating scans are not accurate until week 12 to be honest. those early pregnancy scans are mostly for reassurance but I still think that if your baby does measure a bit smaller doesn't mean anything. I heard people measuring less than they were supposed to and now they have healthy babies. Me at 6+4 by LMP I had an early scan and baby was measuring 4 days behind. Everything depends on you cycle length and time of ovulation and as said before... embrios tend to grow at different rates. Do not worry to much. xxx

My baby measured 5+6 at 6+2, and then 6+4 at 7+1.
Both with different machines/doctors.
When I miscarried, one machine/doctor measured 2 days different, the next day, again, different machine/doctor. I believe the size might also change due to the babys position, machine and doctor.
Try not to worry about it ((hugs))

Nina83 - if u don't mind me asking, why did your miscarriage happen? Did the difference in dates turn out to be indicators of a non-viable pregnancy?

Nina23 - if u don't mind me asking, why did your miscarriage happen? Did the difference in dates turn out to be indicators of a non-viable pregnancy?

Nina83 - if u don't mind me asking, why did your miscarriage happen? Did the difference in dates turn out to be indicators of a non-viable pregnancy?

It was a mmc, dates before when we heard the hb were right on.
When we had a "reassurance" scan, baby measured 7+4 one place, next day 7+1 at another. It really depends, IMHO, on position, doctor/tech and machine.
I think if you were to go elsewhere you'd get a different date <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->