Baby measuring small with low heart rate?

PurpleMama

Reaction score
I had my ultrasound and I'm not settled at all. My bloodwork came back at just over 18000hcg and the baby measured 8mm with a heart rate of 75bpm?? At 8 weeks these are small aren't they?!?!!!!

You are 8 weeks? I think both are small. At my 6 wk ultrasound it was 3.9mm with a HB of 120. 7w+3d it was 12mm and HB of 140ish I think. I remember my doc saying at 6 weeks that anything over 90 bpm at 6 weeks was good. It most definitely should be higher at 8 weeks. I hope the tech just made a mistake. Good luck. :hugs:

mine was 7-8mm at 6+6, not sure how fast they grow and don't know heart rate only it was good and present good luck though, maybe ur a little behind?

I hope so. My last period was August 11 so 8 weeks. I think I conceived August 19.

What did the doc say about it? Are you certain of your dates/conception? When did you first get your BFP? It is small for 8 weeks, but so many women have posted here measuring behind at their early scan and all was well, their dates were just a little off.

The dr said normal but I feel like he's wrong. I got my bfp on sept 5

The dr said normal but I feel like he's wrong. I got my bfp on sept 5

Hmmm Maybe you OV later than you thought? LMP dating only works accurately if you have 28 day cycles with OV on CD14. Do you chart your cycles?

ETA: Was confused by your dates for some reason! I get it now lol.

These early scans are so stressful. I sympathize with you PurpleMama. It sounds to me like the baby is a bit on the small side but still within reason. Good news that your doctor didn't seem worried. At 7+5 my baby was 4mm with no heartbeat yet. I think that is okay but not the norm which makes it stressful. Unfortunately my sac is also measuring very small and my doctor isn't sure about viability right now. I wish we had not looked until 8 or 9 weeks and given things time to settle in. I'm glad to hear that why you do see looks normal and healthy. You seeing a heartbeat is a great sign and all you can do now is wait a week and look again. Maybe your little guy implanted late and you are a couple days behind where you think you are. Good luck and I hope you see a faster heart rate and a bigger bean next week :)

Ah I see - I was confused about your dates but now I see. I really hope everything works out for you at the next scan mama! As I mentioned earlier there have been quite a few similar posts where all was well. Lots of hugs :hugs:

Did you have an abdominal or trams vaginal ultrasound? My 8 week scan was 16mm and heart rate was 173BPM but I had to have in internal due to a retroverted uterus. Maybe the scan is just wrong?

*hugs* I'm in the similar situation. Although doctor didn't do the measurements, all he said was baby is two weeks behind and heart rate is weak, that's enough to make me worried. I'm seeing the doctor again this Saturday. Fingers crossed for us.

Transvaginal. I'm going on the chance that I misread the paper and the heart rate was actually 175. It's possible....

Good luck! My LMP was 8.15.13 so I am 7w4d today but I had an u/s on friday when I was 7+1 and the babies hr was 144 bpm, not sure on size, i was more enthralled with the heart beat <3

It gets worse...turns out that 75 may have been my heart rate and they didn't find one for my lil bean.

I'm so sorry they haven't found a heartbeat yet. Are you having another scan soon?

One scheduled on the 14th but I don't know if I can wait that long agonizing week

the wait is terrible. I can't stop thinking about if the baby is ok. how much has it grown? is the heart beating? Will I get pregnant again if this baby doesn't make it? I'm sure you could add about 10 more questions to my list. My doctor only sees patients on Wednesdays but she has been seeing me every wednesday to do a scan. Only two more days in this wait. I will be 8 weeks at this scan.

I would say try to distract yourself but I know it doesn't really work...at least not for me. I do hope your time passes quickly.

I just wanted to offer some :hugs:

I am sorry you are in this situation. It really is very stressful. I have been there, so I know the feeling. I am hoping that your next appointment, the baby has grown. Big big hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->