Baby Mirren's waterbirth 16/12/09.......

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Right she's 6 days old I'm now ready to write my birth story! lol

It started 1.30am on the 16th I woke to a constant period pain feeling, so as it wasn't coming in waves, I didn't think it meant something. But then I started getting tightenings so in my sleepy state kind of looked at the clock each time and they were every 7-9 minutes. i'd had this in the night before over the last few weeks so thought it was the same. But usually if I got up and walked they stopped - but these didn't and got more intense by the minute. I got to 6.30am just laying in bed breathing through the pains, then got up showered and arranged for Grandparents to pick up Nathan.

Left for hospital just after 9am (after calling and them saying come when ready), contractions were coming 3 minutes apart now and all the way in the car:dohh: Got to hospital walked to delivery suite, they said to go straight to a labour room rather than triage as my contractions were only 3 mins apart.

At this point I realised that my contractions were getting more spaced out and I hadn't had one for 10 mins, then I had one......got on the bed to put trace machine on to monitor baby for a while. i then had an almighty long intense contraction and my waters popped right there on the bed in front of the mw! :happydance: She then examined me and said I was already 5cm:happydance:. So had trace for 40 mins - they were worried about her heart rate decelerating at the contractions so told me to only drink water til they knew she was gonna be ok with labour. She then started responding ok and they thought it was just cos the waters had gone and she had suddenly gone from being 4/5 engaged to being right down low.

My back was getting to be agony and after being told to move about the room as much as possible I could hardly walk and was getting a bit overwhelmed by the pain.:nope: The midwife went to see if the waterbirth pool was free (it was) as she said this will ease the back pain and if I progress quick enough I could have her in the pool:shrug: so I agreed. Soon enough I was in the pool, it was nice, but contractions still hurt like I can't tell you - but I still had no pain relief - not even gas and air. :wacko:

2 hours later at 1.04pm and a lot of saying I can't do this and help me!:blush: my body pushed out 9lb baby Mirren into the water - My hubby said she started swimming as soon as she came out with her arms and legs kicking! :cloud9: the midwifes do not touch the baby while coming out and just direct with voice what to do, she said I didn't even have to push as my body would do so as needed with the contractions - she was right I only pushed a couple of times, but my body squeezed her out itself which was a bit scarey really! my hubby was a great support and I felt so much better having him with me, if he was in the loo during a contraction I just wanted him back with me!

then we had to get out still joined together to deliver the placenta etc.

i was then told I hadn't torn (despite having a 2nd degree tear with Nathan). So the plan was to go home at 5pm. which we did!

Still can't believe i did it with no pain relief and she weighed 9lb (a growth scan at 37 weeks said she was only 6lb 2oz at that point- I think that was a bit out - she couldn't have put on 3lb in 3 weeks:wacko:)

Thanks for reading - sorry it was long.

Congratulaitons - sounds like you did great.

Congratulations hun- great birth story! x

Congrats, lovely birth story :) I love her name.

Sounds like a wonderful birth experience, well done you! Love the name too xx

Welcome to the world Baby, CONGRATULATIONS! XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"