Baby monitor + Movement sensor

posh

Mummy of an angel
Reaction score
I am looking to get a monitor with a sensor mat, but haven't a clue which one to get! I would appreciate any advice on any of the makes as its all confusing at the moment! :wacko:

Hi
Ive just brought the tommy tipee one, i had it with my last dd as well and never had any problems with it. I would have a look on ebay as mine like new and only paid £13. x

Had Tommee I hated it - Might have been old version though you could not turn off the bleep constantly!

I now have and have used on both the Angecare - couldn't recommend it enough! Its the best thing I have ever bought for my kids.

Can you use these monitor pads with a moses basket? Or just a cot? (Just wondering whether the wires are dangerous in a basket???)

And does the Angelcare parent monitor have something on it that indicates that movements are happening? (Like the green light on the tommee tippee one) as online it looks like its only the baby unit that indicates movement? Or does it just alarm / alert you when movement stops.

Sorry for all the questions!!

I have the angel care monitor and its the best thing i brought.

On the parent part theres a thing that moves **in lights** that shows baby is still ok king of like a pendulam(sp?) in a grandfather clock.

Also as to the moses basket i put the wire thought the side of the basket under the mattress so no wires to interfer with baby or be dangerus

i have the tommy one it has only gone off twice in 7 weeks and it indicates movement and it works in a cot under a thick matteress, I have a m basket and just fed the wire through small hole, theres two types ones £50 and ones £100 the more expensive one detects breathing the other does not

we have the angelcare one and love it. you need to have a solid base to whatever you are using it in, so if its a moses basket then you will need to get some plywood etc to fit, but thats easy done.
ours has never given a false alarm, that said we have only been using it for 4 weeks, but it defo works as i keep forgetting to turn it off when i lift her out, and it goes off then for sure!
you can have it set to an audiable beep to indicate that she is breathing, but i found that very irritating, and we opted for the light just.. it flashes every other second or so, i love it as when i wake in the night all i have to do is look at it and i know shes fine.. its obviously not a substitute for actually checking her, but it defo provides some extra reassurance.
its worth reading up on the reviews tho. the reason we opted for the angelcare over the tomme tippee is that there are reports that the tommee tippee is affected by wireless broadband, which could be a pain!

I have the tommee tippee one and absolutely love it, I couldn't be without it. Seren's so quiet in the night I'd be in her room checking her breathing every2mins if I didn't have the monitor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->