baby movements.....should i worry?

tinkerbell86

Reaction score
Hiya im 29wks and 4days preg.
Im à little worried about my baby mouvements. Some days the baby moves à lot or i just notice it more and then some days not so much.

E.g i could see baby moving and the kicks and it felt like my baby was working out at the gym on and off all day, then other days hardly anything.

Is this normal?

It's normal. I've had many days like this.

Though if you are worried, it's always worth a mention to your doctor. Since she's started having quiet days (around 27 weeks), I've been keeping my midwife informed on her movement patterns.

I'd rather mention to my midwife and have everything be okay than to not mention it and have something happen.

Might be worth it for piece of mind!

I had a little scare just last week when I didn't feel much movement. I ended up phoning the midwife who told me to come in and she had a listen and heard the heartbeat straightaway. We also heard a few kicks that I couldn't feel, probably because of the anterior placenta, and a few that I could feel, so that reassured me that just because I wasn't feeling movement, it just meant that baby was in a different position. I have also noticed that baby has quieter days now and again that seem to be when I feel more tired and want to eat everything in the house which makes me think its a growth spurt.

If in doubt though, get checked out. It's worth it for your piece of mind. The MW didn't make me feel daft or like I was wasting her time and said not to hesitate to call if I was anxious again.

Do you have an anterior placenta? (They will have written it in your notes from your 20 weeks scan) Like PP said, if you have an anterior placenta, there will be areas where you can't feel baby kick/move cos the placenta acts like a cushion. I have this & my midwife said not to worry if baby disappears for a while, just as long as its normal for you. My baby will hide for a morning & then come back kicking twice as much!

If in doubt, ask your midwife, as I'm sure they won't mind checking you out.

ThAnks for all your replies. No my placenta is at the back but I noticed on 2scans the baby likes to lie facing my spine so that could be why.

Baby has been kicking so baby must hAve 2rest days, but il keep an eye on it.
They like to worry you, don't they? X

I had this around that time and they were both days when I was really busy and stressed in work. When I mentioned this to my midwife she kind of told me off a bit. She said they would rather be bothered over nothing. Stressed the importance of the movements!!

Thanks all.

I went to see the midwife as been having side lower pains and picked up heartbeat straight away and said to lie on my side have a sugary drink or snack and if hardly any movement then to call.
Baby seems to be dancing on my bladder and have been told baby is low down, head down....im 30 + 3days xx

I had this happen yesterday where he didn't move much at all then finally woke up and bounced around like the ill crazy monster I'm use to! I almost broke down and went to the ER... I guess he was just exhausted and asleep... :shrug: I like it best when baby sticks to his normal routine then I know all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->