Baby movements..

K

katekatekate

How many movements do you feel a day?
My baby has been really lazy this last 24 hours. She was hiccuping for abit yesterday but she was quiet for the rest of the evening so we had sex on top because that usually bugs her and she'll give me a good old kick - which she did - but nothing after she calmed down. Is this ok?
I don't like it when I can't feel her. =/

They do have lazy days, if youve been walking around more they tend to be quieter. My LO has days wiv just a few which scare me too and days where he wont stop! Ask your mw if your concerned,x

Yesterday I went shopping and was cleaning all day so it might just be like you say?
I have a midwife appointment tomorrow. I just wish there was a better way of knowing how your baby is all the time.

i wish that too - monday was an awful day for me, she barely moved at all but i had been very busy so told myself to calm down and see how things were later - i got a couple of small movements later on at night, enough to put my mind at rest iykwim, and by yesterday she was practically spinning about in there lol

try to note each movement and times for a wee while, you will be surprised how much they add up on paper

but obviously if you are really worried - get checked out x

How many weeks are you hun? I am 34 and up until past week or so had quiet days that would freak me out. I have noticed that when you are busy like cleaning and shopping while you can feel movement (especially turning) it's not quite like when you sit down. All babies are different some never stop and others are more quiet. I found a little pattern can evolve when you know they are more active but if you are at all worried speak with your midwife, they would much rather you did this than sit and worry. x

My lo has quiet days, like on sunday she was quiet all day which freaked me out a bit. She has got a bit of a pattern now and when she doesn't follow it I worry. There are various things that get my lo moving - an ice cold drink, putting something very cold on top of my bump, pushing down on top of my bump (not hard - just enough to make her wriggle), singing to her (it really does work) - don't know if she likes it or if she's trying to cover her ears, lol, but she always moves a lot when I sing 'somewhere over the rainbow'!!! If you are really worried, phone your mw and they will advise on different things to try. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->