Baby name Phoenix

I like it. Will be a bit confusing for the kid when just learning how to read and spell though.

Hmm, it's not that I don't like the name, but I think it might be a little cruel to name a boy that. As DH is always telling me, boys with unusual names get picked on for it a lot more than girls with unusual names. I think he would have a tough time with phoenix. You could probably get away with it for a girl, but it's not particularly feminine.
I wanted to name my baby Atticus, but DH couldn't get on board with it because again, it's an unusual name (here anyway), and I have come to agree with him, especially after asking the opinion of lots of other guys. I would definitely ask outside of this forum too to get some male opinions. x

Hmm, it's not that I don't like the name, but I think it might be a little cruel to name a boy that. As DH is always telling me, boys with unusual names get picked on for it a lot more than girls with unusual names. I think he would have a tough time with phoenix. You could probably get away with it for a girl, but it's not particularly feminine.
I wanted to name my baby Atticus, but DH couldn't get on board with it because again, it's an unusual name (here anyway), and I have come to agree with him, especially after asking the opinion of lots of other guys. I would definitely ask outside of this forum too to get some male opinions. x

This is actually true. I think it partially depends where you live, but could definitely be an issue in most of the US. I live in a pretty odd place, where you get a lot of nature names like "Star", "Sky", etc., and a lot of Sanskrit names like "Shruti" and "Kapila", plus a lot of different cultures mixing too, so just a real mix of different names. So here one would bat an eye for a boy named "Phoenix".

But I know that's not the case in most places, and boys definitely do have a harder time with unique names than girls. My brothers' names are all really unique, and they all felt the need to shorten them all to more normal ones. Whereas us girls got away with our unique names just fine, and people just commented that they were very pretty.

I dont see it being cruel i think thats abit strong when theres children out there called Much much much worse but that's your opinion and thanks for it :) , I'm in the UK and where I am don't see it being an issue and will more than likely defo be using it, if not Phoenix another unusual name :) I don't see the children at school being an issue and there's children with much more unusual complicated names than Phoenix so I'm sure when coming to learn to spell there name we will be fine :)

I dont see it being cruel i think thats abit strong when theres children out there called Much much much worse but that's your opinion and thanks for it :) , I'm in the UK and where I am don't see it being an issue and will more than likely defo be using it, if not Phoenix another unusual name :) I don't see the children at school being an issue and there's children with much more unusual complicated names than Phoenix so I'm sure when coming to learn to spell there name we will be fine :)

I wasn't trying to offend by saying that, I never said there weren't worse names, and as I say I don't dislike the name, just think he may get flack for it.

But, as long as you ask some male opinions too, then at least you've thought about it from all angles. I think (when naming a child of the same sex as yourself) if you would be happy to have had that name, then that's what matters. Really it's just yours and your OH's opinion that counts.

I like it, I think I favourite it more for a boy than a girl but it does suit both!

That's funny. I would have said the other way round. I'm not sure for a boy but I think it is a beautiful girl's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->