Baby Name Phoenix

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Beltane, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

I usually don't post in here but my husband is hooked on the baby boy name Phoenix. I'm not a huge fan but we are trying to find a middle ground. What sort of nick names could you call a person with the name Phoenix? Nix? That's the only one I could think of.

2. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

We've chosen Phoenix as well, same as you it was my hubby's idea and has taken a good few months to grow on me, but it has and I now love it. (although I'm gettign full choice on middle name. :winkwink:)
    Same concerns though re the shortening/nic names and as I don't want 'Nic' to be used we've just decided that we won't be shortening it to anything and will be using the full name, (and correcting people that do try and shorten it to Nic.)

Figure when he's old enough his mates will figure out a shorter nic name if they want to..

3. trumpetbum

trumpetbum 2 girls..boy on the way.

4. lulu0504

lulu0504 Bella's Mummy

My friend has just had a baby boy called Phoenix and she shortens it to pheeny (pronounced fee-nee) as she already has a boy called Finnlay. I really like it. He is phoenix james.

5. boona

boona Member

Hi there, my nephew is called Phoenix (he is 3 now) , I wasnt keen at first but I soon got used to it. Now I love telling people his name, lots of people like it because its different.

We shorten it to Phee (fee)

6. boona

boona Member

Oh and sometimes we call him Pheeney Weeney, but I dont think he will appreciate this when he is older lol!

7. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

I quite like it for a boy :thumbup: and if i was to shorten id probably shorten it to Phee. xx