Baby names....HELP!!! :/

kitkez

Reaction score
We are pregnant with our second little boy, first time round we found our sons name when I was only 6 weeks and fell in,
Love with it and never once doubted it, we called him Ryan Daniel (after daddy) Rawcliffe

This time it's sooo different, we are really struggling and it's really bothering me

Hoping for some unbiased opinions and suggestions off you guys :D

Ones we considered were Riley Rawcliffe (but all the family hate it :growlmad: and now I'm doubting it cause of the local accent on the first name and i did think it went with the surname but now I'm not sure )

I really like Jamie but my partner doesn't, so James has been considered but I can't picture a baby/little boy called James, I do like the name but I'm not sure......

Argh it's driving me mad

What do you think of those too, and does anyone have any other suggestions. I've been through so many baby names and we both like some but never the same ones

:sad2: help lol

X

Personally, I wouldn't go for Riley because of the alliteration...unless you were going to give him a middle name, but even then, the alliteration would be there in most circumstances like at school etc. BUT it's your baby and your choice what you call him! Don't let your family make your decisions for you! It's not their choice! We purposely haven't told anyone what we're naming our little girl for this very reason. Obviously it's your choice to tell people but if you really like a name, don't let them influence your choice.
If you're not sure on James then I wouldn't go for it, it sounds nice but if you're not sure on it then you're not going to be happy with it.
Don't panic, you still have plenty of time before he arrives to choose a name! Take your time and find out that both you and your partner agree on :)

Not keen on Riley but I do like alliteration in names. HVe you tried the baby names section of the forum?xx

James is nice. Since you're not sure though I suggest sitting on it for a while while you look at different names and with time you'll know if it works for you or not.

Good luck with your search!

Reece
Adam
Harry
Jack
Jake
Henry
Leo - (my ds name)
Jacob
Max
Josh
Dylan
Lewis

I think Boys names are hard to love because they aren't pretty if that makes sense lol!!! Good luck xx

I love the alliteration of Riley Rawcliffe. If not Riley, are you thinking of keeping the alliteration (since you have that with your son Ryan as well)? What about:

Ronan
Raymond
Rowen
Raphael
Rylin
Rory

My son is Zachary (we call him Zac) and if this one is a boy he will be Archie.

Toby and Ryan go nicely?
Olly and Ryan?

Rhys Alexander was going to be my son's name.. but we went with Aleksander Joseph.

Reece
Adam
Harry
Jack
Jake
Henry
Leo - (my ds name)
Jacob
Max
Josh
Dylan
Lewis

I think Boys names are hard to love because they aren't pretty if that

makes sense lol!!! Good luck xx

Thanks :), we have a jake and josh in the family and my grandparents surname is Lewis, plus it's a friends little boys name. Max and Jacob are also my friends' children, I look after a jack. My partner doesn't like Harry or Dylan. Leo has been considered, my partner particularly like it, but I struggle to put a little boy to the name lol....hope we find something x

Reece
Adam
Harry
Jack
Jake
Henry
Leo - (my ds name)
Jacob
Max
Josh
Dylan
Lewis

I think Boys names are hard to love because they aren't pretty if that

makes sense lol!!! Good luck xx

Thanks :), we have a jake and josh in the family and my grandparents surname is Lewis, plus it's a friends little boys name. Max and Jacob are also my friends' children, I look after a jack. My partner doesn't like Harry or Dylan. Leo has been considered, my partner particularly like it, but I struggle to put a little boy to the name lol....hope we find something x

Oh and Reece has been considered but again I really struggle to picture him x

My son is Zachary (we call him Zac) and if this one is a boy he will be Archie.

Toby and Ryan go nicely?
Olly and Ryan?

Thanks, my cousin just had a Zak and my best friend has a dog called Toby lol... Partner doesn't like olly

Can't believe how difficult this is x

Personally, I wouldn't go for Riley because of the alliteration...unless you were going to give him a middle name, but even then, the alliteration would be there in most circumstances like at school etc. BUT it's your baby and your choice what you call him! Don't let your family make your decisions for you! It's not their choice! We purposely haven't told anyone what we're naming our little girl for this very reason. Obviously it's your choice to tell people but if you really like a name, don't let them influence your choice.
If you're not sure on James then I wouldn't go for it, it sounds nice but if you're not sure on it then you're not going to be happy with it.
Don't panic, you still have plenty of time before he arrives to choose a name! Take your time and find out that both you and your partner agree on :)

If we called him Riley , it would be Riley James Rawcliffe, but the middle name never gets used. There was no doubt with my little boy about Ryan Rawcliffe and I love the double R but I've been made doubt how Riley sounded with the Rawcliffe lol. Wee come from lancashire so I'm worried about the accent and people calling him rye-li with an i sound instead of the e sound x

Thanks for everyone's comments, very appreciated :) x

I actually think Riley James is lovely and goes with Rawcliffe really well. Do both you and your oh like the name?

My little boy is James. It was on my shortlist but not my top choice. However, once he was born I just kept looking at him and calling him James in my head.
I think it's a perfect name for a baby and little boy and will also be a strong name for a man.
Keep it in your shortlist and then see when you look at him? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->