Baby names?

jinxii

Reaction score
So quite a few of us know what we're having now.. let's talk baby names! And why you chose it, if you feel like sharing. And if you don't know yet, what's on your short list?

We're having a girl, and her name is Saffron Rose.

It took us 15 years to have this baby so we wanted a name that meant something to us, but wasn't miracle, hope, etc. Saffron has a pretty interesting history.. it was worth more than gold by weight for a long time, has to be hand harvested within a few hours of the flowers opening, and each flower only produces three strands of saffron which are plucked out with tweezers. 75000 flowers for one pound of saffron. So basically saffron is a big pain in the butt to get from field to table. It seemed appropriate.. haha.

Edited to add: Rose is because my husband said I have already given her a huge piece of myself and my name means rose. It also went nicely with Saffron. My in laws have accused us of being hippies. I'm cool with that.

This time around we have chosen Jasmine Hue.
Hue is Vietnamese and pronounced "hway". It means Lily.

To us her name means something precious and beautiful. It came to us so easily and just feels right. :)

My daughter is Aubree Rose and that came so easy to us. My moms middle name was Rose and I wanted to name my daughter after her since she passed away before I got pregnant. This time, names are much harder to choose from lol.

The two girl names we are liking right now are Olivia Grace & Lacey (no middle name yet!)

:kiss:Vida Rose :kiss: Wanted Elena Rose, but hubs wasn't feeling it. I heard the name Vida a couple days ago and knew immediately it was the one 💕

Desmond Quinn

The name Desmond is actually from a character on LOST that we really loved hahahaha. And I dont like many boys names so Desmond stuck out to me. We'll call him Desi for short. And my husband and i just really enjoyed how Quinn sounded with that name :)

To us her name means something precious and beautiful. It came to us so easily and just feels right. :)

My Husband is Vietnamese :) We were thinking about doing a Viet middle name but couldn't find one we liked or that wasn't already taken by someone in his family lol

We aren't getting very far with names. My husband says that he doesn't necessarily want to commit to a name until he is actually here. It's making me nuts. The two that are on our list. (If two names is a list). Are Ezra Richard or Sebastian Richard. Richard will be a fifth generation middle name on my husband's side and the first names we like but just aren't sure. My husband thinks that it is going to come to us. That there will be a sign or lightening bolt and we will just know. For the most part tradition dictates that he chooses but I will definitely be having an opinion.

I like it.
My daughter will have Rose in her name as well because its my middle name and i want to pass it on ( ds2 has hubbies middle name, which is also his dads middle name )
Rose is an extremely common middle name.
My bub is having her 1st name hyphenated with Rose then a separate 'middle' name. We have a few 1st names picked that we like and hubby gets to chose what we settle with once we meet her. ( i want him to feel more included seems this pregnancy wasn't planned and we've had a really tough time ) im hoping it will help create a special bond :)

First name will hopefully be Quinn or Leo. Quinn is the only name we currently agree on as an option. Hahaha! We'll have a short list of 1 name at birth!

These are all great names! I love the variety. So many roses though..lol. I guess it is a common one.

Sara- Sebastian Richard was actually one of our top runners for boys names! Richard is my husband's middle name too. He wanted to name the kid the long thelonius but that is way too big of a name for a wee thing.

We have gone for pretty traditional ones I think.

We already have a son Sebastien Peter, and this time it will be Josephine Grace or Christian James.

I love Saffron :)

Aw I love the name Saffron it's so pretty.

We've chosen Esme. We wanted something traditional, timeless but pretty.

My Husband is Vietnamese :) We were thinking about doing a Viet middle name but couldn't find one we liked or that wasn't already taken by someone in his family lol

Yay for mixed relationships! Haha. Sorry, I get excited the more I see. :)
Our son's Vietnamese middle name is Thien "tee-yen". It has quite a few meanings but we chose it for "good, kind". My husband's middle name is Tam which means "heart" so it seemed appropriate. :)

It can be really hard to choose! My mother in law wanted us to name her Huong which means "smells good" or "smells like a flower". However I didn't like how it sounded with Jasmine and I realllly liked the idea of two flowers for her name.

The name we have picked out for our lo is Agatha Daisy.

Husband came up with Agatha out of the blue and after realizing that I find 90% of his names boring and he finds 90% of my names too eccentric, we decided it was a good middle ground :)

These are all great names! I love the variety. So many roses though..lol. I guess it is a common one.

Sara- Sebastian Richard was actually one of our top runners for boys names! Richard is my husband's middle name too. He wanted to name the kid the long thelonius but that is way too big of a name for a wee thing.

I like it a lot. Sebastian from Shakespeare, and Bach and I have never known one. It's hard I don't want anything to common or popular. I was Sara in the 80's and there were always three or four in my class. Same for my husband Brian. I would have been fine with a Brian jr but my husband says people would call him junior which would make him sound mexican and we get confused for Mexican instead of portuguese enough and he doesn't want people to think his ego is that big. So no Brian jr. And then he also said no to naming him after family which has ALWAYS been done. So I truly wasn't prepared or even thinking about names we just like and think sound good. I also thought that he had a secret name up his sleeve that was making him reject everything else. But no. I think he would have told me by now.

I love my careful methodical think everything he says through husband. His calmness is one of my favorite things about him. It balances and keeps me level. But, he is so calm about a name he just says that he knows how much time we have and we can't rush into it and don't worry he will leave the hospital with a name. But it's such a huge deal and I want to love what his name is. And I like calling him little man. But the more he kicks and grows and the more I feel like I know him the more I want him to have a name, an identity be an established real little human in this world. Not true for a man, or anyone not pregnant really but I can't get my husband to budge.

Haha.. that should have just said Thelonius on my last post. I think autocorrect changed it to "the long". I like uncommon names as well. For a boy, I was trying for a junior too but husband was dead set against it! I thought most men wanted a junior but I guess I was wrong!

I didn't realize there was a baby names forum or I would have put this post here in the first place.

Our son's Vietnamese middle name is Thien "tee-yen". It has quite a few meanings but we chose it for "good, kind". My husband's middle name is Tam which means "heart" so it seemed appropriate. :)

It can be really hard to choose! My mother in law wanted us to name her Huong which means "smells good" or "smells like a flower". However I didn't like how it sounded with Jasmine and I realllly liked the idea of two flowers for her name.

Huong is my sister in law's name hahaha. My husband's name is Huy Quang. I sort of liked "De" for a middle name and I guess it means easy lol. But chose against it. I sort of liked Vaughn and Huy suggested Van lol but Van is a really common middle name. For Female names, he really likes Hoa, but that is also his aunts name lol

Huong is my sister in law's name hahaha. My husband's name is Huy Quang. I sort of liked "De" for a middle name and I guess it means easy lol. But chose against it. I sort of liked Vaughn and Huy suggested Van lol but Van is a really common middle name. For Female names, he really likes Hoa, but that is also his aunts name lol

Haha. It's hard to escape someone else having the same name. I noticed when I was name hunting that there are not too many options! I think what helps is that it is a middle name and not a first name. In my opinion it's automatically a bit unique because it's combined with a non-Vietnamese name. :) For us, it was important to choose one. Not only for my in-laws but to connect our children with both cultures.

Either way though, there is so much pressure that goes into naming a new person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->