Baby Nassim 24.07.09 22.53pm+pic

doumauk

mama to salim,expecting
Reaction score
Baby Nassim is finally here born at 38+1 weeks. Im so happy and feel great even though he was born by emergency c section, it was a much more positive labour ending than his big brother Salims birth was.

I had been feeling BHs for a few days and lost my plug before going into labour. Salim had me up all night on thursday with his teeth until finally at 4.10am I got to sleep.No sooner had I drifted off I heard and felt a 'pop' it was so strange to hear and feel it this time.It was 4.45am. Contractions had been every 15 minutes all night and were still so I called my antie and mum (birthing partners) and said to just wait until contractions come closer.Anyway within 20 minutes my contractions were coming every 2 minutes and lasting 45 seconds so after calling the labour ward we were told to come in. I arrived at 6.50am and was greeting by my male midwife who was absolutely lovely and fantastic. He examined me and found I was only 2cm dilated and still thick... wtf is what I thought because I was in ALOT more pain with Nassim at 2cm than I was with Salim at 5cm. He said I could stay in and wait for labour to establish. He was convinced it would be very fast due to second baby and short age gap. Im sure he cursed it there and then lol He examined me at 12pm and found I was only just 4cm but in the meantime he had confirmed Nassim was back to back. I have never felt pains like it, I had 3 shots of mepthid and gas and air in the whole labour before csection. By 4pm he thought I would be fully dilated but I was just 6cm and still thick cervix. He said he would leave me until 6pm and if still wasnt progressing they would put me on syntocinon drip. So 6pm comes and goes and he finds I am 8cm but still thick. So he still goes ahead with the syntocinon drip which only worked for the first hour and then after that even on the highest level my contractions had almost stopped. He had to leave at 7pm so another midwife took over who was also great and really lovely.After she examined me again this kickstarted my contractions again. Even though I was only 8cm I really needed to push so she said ok push to see and everytime I stopped pushing he slipped back up again. She said she would give me until 9pm and then call a consultant. The consultant came and poked around and basically said if this baby is not born in the next hour or at least moved down for a forceps delivery you will be taken for emergency csection. Although Nassim was perfectly or overly happy inside me he needed to be born due to waters having gone. At 10pm the doctor returned and said nope she is going straight for a csection now. We will come back for you in 10 minutes. I was so scared cuz I hate needles and the thought of a spinal block and feeling things petrified me he promised we would both be fine and wouldnt feel a thing, sad I know but I was terrified lol. So I was wheeled into theatre at 10.20pm and after a few problems inserting the spinal block I was ready and my mum was brought in at 10.48pm and Nassim was delivered at 10.53pm weighting 7lb 1oz. I was told he wouldnt be brought straight to me because they expected him to need oxygen and some help but they were genuinely shocked at how he came out kicking and screaming as if to say ' Hey what the hells going on' lol my antie heard him right down the corridor. I really would of loved to have had a 'normal'vaginal delivery especially after the problems I had giving birth to Salim but it was never going to happen if im honest and probably never will in the future according to consultants present. I have my perfect family now. Salim is a little unsure of his new baby brother but im sure he will come to love him. There is a pic below of Salim and Nassim together and one of Nassim alone.Thanks for reading

Attachments

• nassim1.jpg
    nassim1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 20
  • salimandnassim.jpg
    salimandnassim.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 23
hes gorgeous congratulations :) xxx

Big congratulations hun - he is a gorgeous baby and the pics of him with his new brother are very cute!

Awe Mashaa Allah they are both beautiful. I pray they stay healthy and blessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->