Baby needs glasses

danielle1987

mummy 2 a little miracle
Reaction score
So, had reece at the othmoplogist today for his eye checkup. He had ROP and had laser eye surgery whilst in neonatal to correct in August. In total shock, she said he is longsighted, So needing to wear glasses. He is only 9 months - 6 months corrected, and I am in total shock, I cried when we came out the appointment. I am going for a 2nd opinion, As me and oh feel Reece can definitely see up close. Silly i no, but everyone stared when he had the oxygen on, and for a few months now, everyone looked at him as a normal baby, As he doesnt have the oxygen anymore and now this. I know people will stare and wonder why a tiny baby like reece has glasses on. Am I being selfish and unreasonable to not want my baby to wear glasses? xx

As a mummy with an oxygen dependant baby I can see why you feel this way. I see the way people look at Alexander with pity rather than delight at seeing a gorgeous little boy. I would get a second opinion for sure. If they say the same thing I'm afraid it'll just be another one of those challenges us preemie mummies face. I'm sure he'll look just as cute with glasses!

When reece was on the oxygen people did look at him with pity and it made me really mad. I wanted them tosee him for the gorgeous little boy he is. We are looking for a 2nd opinion. Even when we went to get fitted for the glasses, the optician was like "aw wee scone what a shame he needs glasses" and got other people who worked there to come over and see.... Hes not a circus freak :( Yup us preemie mums have loads of hurdles to overcome xx

We felt like this for a bit, we too did laser but still needed glasses. We didn't think it'd matter at such a young age.
The main point for us is, the more she wears them now, the less likely she will need them as she is older. The more she wears them, the less likely she'll have a squint.

Try to embrace them now if they are needed because its best in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->