baby number 3..its a boy x

wantanother83

mom of 3 boys
Reaction score
We found out today I'm having my 3rd boy, and this will be my last baby because OH doesn't want anymore babies.
I feel weird about finding out I'm having a boy, I tried to not think it was either gender because i didn't want to get my hopes up, but EVERYBODY and his dog told me "oh this is deffo going to be a girl", like everyone I know went on about it so much that I ended up telling people no no I feel it's a boy even tho i really hadn't a clue they were just really pissing me off so much it was the only thing to shut them up.
I am happy about having another boy, Its just that it's sad to me that I'l never get to buy pink or have a little girl to do all the girly stuff with, I always thought I would have a girl eventually and now I'm feeling abit like I'm missing something or someone is missing. And I feel so guilty and horrible for feeling like this.
I should be jumping for joy that I have a healthy baby boy on the way,
WTH is wrong with me!!!

Aww Hun, it's a natural feeling don't beat yourself up. You will be happy about it soon, and I know if I were to have another boy I'd feel the same. Not because of another boy but no more kids means no more chances of a girl.
Congrats on a healthy boy, I'm sure he will bring you so much love and happiness. Xo :hugs:

Congrats on your blue bundle! 3 boys will be so much fun, they'll be super close! xx

I just wanted to update this on how i'm feeling now,
the shock has worn off and I feel lucky to be having a healthy boy :) It took me a few days to get my head around it but now I'm looking forward to meeting him :)
I was really afraid of familys reaction since most of them were telling me its a girl, and they surprised me by being very suportive saying to me I'm so lucky having 3 boys that I'l be so looked after hen they grow up(I wasn't really sure what that ment but was happy to hear it lol), only one person made a girl comment (oh little sister she just turned 21) was saying oh i'l never get a niece and flounced out of the room. but to be honest I'm not even letting that bother me because shes very immature and i'm sure nothing bad was ment by it.
So my advice to anyone who feels abit upset after finding out their baby's sex, hang in there, let yourself feel sad dont feel bad if you want to cry, it really helped me just letting these emotions happen. once its all sunk in, look for the positives and once you find them everything changes.
xxxx

I think that it is natural to want a specific gender. You get yourself all excited and then when it isn't what you thought it was going to be you are disappointed. It doesn't make you a bad person! :)

If it's any help (which it isn't, I know) but my dream was 3 boys. When I found out I was pregnant I was super excited for my first boy... And she's a girl. Dream shattered. But now I love having a girl, and even though I'll never have my 3 boys i'm not bothered now.

Your boys will be amazing, and you're very lucky! Besides, you never you, you might be able to convince DH for another.... :)

I am having my third girl. But this pregnancy I haven't really felt disappointment, I think because our second baby was meant to be our last, and I was desperate for our "one of each" so I had my hopes on a boy. I think I must have accepted that we would never have a boy, and when we got pregnant with our third we just knew it would be a girl. When we were TTC I was worried it would be a girl, but the feelings weren't there when I was actually pregnant, and I didn't really care either way about gender. What has been harder has been announcing the gender and hoping the comments were friendly. We have had a few people say that it's a shame we didn't have a boy, and I agree it's a shame, but I'm happy she's a girl. Some people can be awful though; saying we will have to try again (like that's the only reason we went for a third baby), or not sounding excited for us. This baby, whether a girl or a boy, should be exciting. If you can't be excited for us then you know where the door is.

You'll get used to the idea of having another boy, and you'll find your own positive spins on the situation; that's what we did. We are having our third girl; so our girls will have sisters to rely on, to play girly games with and to share clothes with if they so wish. I was half worried that a little brother would feel left out with two older sisters, so now I'm thankful I probably won't have to deal with that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->