Baby or house?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Okay so we've been married for 7 years and I'm 28 and my DH will be 33 this year. My DH has dreams of buying a house and letting our future child live in the same home for years. Me on the other hand knows that if we wait a couple more years our credit may or may not be good enough to finance a house. I don't want to take that chance since I'll be 30 and my DH will be closer to 40. We both are stabilized in our jobs and both make good money it's just we rent a 2007 house in a great area and subdivision. The area where our house is is where I would like our kid to go to school. My DH says if having a child now is what you want I support you. If you want one then I want one.

What do you think? Should we wait or go for it now?

I would go for having a baby now and let everything else just fall into place as time goes on.

Thanks! Yeah that's what my mind was heading towards! Just don't want to hold out any longer. We've been married for a while and it's time to expand our family. A baby isn't gonna care if we own or rent this house we live in.

We had a miscarriage last January so it's scary and nerve wrecking but I'm ready to take that chance

I would go house but then I'm old and probably too sensible! Things work differently here in the UK too in regards to financing property purchases which is why I'd be reluctant, sorry I've no idea how it works in the USA.

If you put the two options out on the table of a buying a house or a having a baby, which choice would you look back on and be glad you made...? I can guarantee you won't ever regret having a baby. But buying a house will always come with "some kind" of regrets! Lol

If you put the two options out on the table of a buying a house or a having a baby, which choice would you look back on and be glad you made...? I can guarantee you won't ever regret having a baby. But buying a house will always come with "some kind" of regrets! Lol

You're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Buying a house can come later but children can't! I want my legacy to go on and don't want to be 70 years old and my child is in middle school LOL!

Haven't read the replies since u left my comp at work. You should talk to some loan agents and get pre-qualified. It's different from pre-approval. Qualifying is having a conversation, no documents needed and discussing what kinds of loans that lender might give you. Just be upfront about your credit. Do you know your credit score? That would be helpful to them. I was having the same dilemma but we decided on get a small place now and move before kinder starts.

I teach elementary school. Just don't move your kid after 3rd grade if you can. Moving once or twice isn't traumatic. It is the moving multiple times and schools that provides instability and anxiety.

Yes I agree on that. We live where we always wanted to live. It's just we rent a house not own one. Next place we move to is gonna be when we buy a house. Our rented house is owned by a rental management company and not an actual landlord. We can keep living here as long as we're not late on rent and we sign an yearly contract every year. So basically if I have a baby now it'll go to the same school even after we finance a house. But I see your point. I was moved as a kid but we live in the area that we've always wanted our kid to go to school at

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->