Baby positioning inside the belly

LittleStars

Mum to 3 beautiful girls!
Reaction score
Both of my babies are in a transverse position, Baby A slung on it's back low down and Baby B belly to belly and face to face up top. They have been in this position for many weeks now and along with causing some issues as far as determining gender they have been causing a great deal of discomfort.

I know with my DD she would move around freely and change position often but it would seem these babies are quite content where they are. Unfortunately I'd love for them to move into more of a traditional postion. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I've heard their position is changable until around week 32 or so. Anyone had the same issue and can give me either ideas or some insight?

The only good thing about their current position is that it's still very easy for me to bend at the waist. Help!

Hi there. My babies were still breech at 31wks, and I was told there was little chance of them turning because they were large. The bigger baby did however do a huge flip (which felt like someone had punched me in the stomach from the inside ;)) at around 33wks and they stayed that way until my section at 38wks.

It is very possible for your babies to turn hun, at 20wks they are still relatively small and have plenty of space to do so. My friend who had smaller and more normal sized twins had them turning back then forth, up and down right up until her section at 39wks. Good luck x

You might try some yoga poses. Downward facing dog (I think that's what it's called..) where you are on your shoulders and knees may encourage a shift. Essentially get as low as you can in front to shift their weight. It helped get my singleton into position, although I know that's a whole different ball of wax, lol. I've heard people have luck with chiropractors, too. Good luck!

Thanks girls! I guess I'll be doing some yoga and other weird postions in the privacy of my own home.

Sounds like karma sutra to me ;-) if i said downward dog to husband he'd drop his pants lol! X

Even though the postions of the babies are undesirable, I have to say that it is ADORABLE that they are laying together like that! Belly to belly and face to face.... so sweet! xoxoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->