Baby products, baby wash etc...,

rajnin

Reaction score
Hi,

Confused on what baby products to buy, I've been told Johnson's & Johnson's is to harsh!
Have been suggested Aveeno for babies, Gaia products & baby moo.

I understand best to use water first & cottonwood?

We're not going to bath her for 6 weeks. But will wash the parts that need it with cotton wool and water.

Then once she does bath I think just water is fine. But I do have some Burts Bees stuff for if we need it.

We used no products for bathing for 6 weeks then have just discovered that johnsons stuff has caused her skin to get dry and irritated (although their extra sensitive wipes are really good now, as mild as water and cotton wool according to a recent midwife survey). I have just bought burt's bees stuff for the bath and my pharmacist recommended aveeno cream for dry skin. Sudocrem for bum too, fantastic stuff.

DS has sensitive skin and got dry patches with Johnsons. We switched to the Asda Little Angels stuff and it's MUCH milder and at 2 years old we still use the bath stuff for him and will be using it for the twins once we stop using just water.

Dont bath your baby right away there is a reason for this and why the vermex should be left on the skin. Only use water also. Every midwife and doc even said that to me here. I also used johnsons on my youngest when he was past a year old and had to go to the docs as he had a nasty rash from shampoo all over his head and neck., never again.

I use the simple baby range on ds and will do on this baby eventually but no products for first few months

We just used water for months. They really don't need anything else.
Once he got to about 12 months, we bought Earth Friendly Baby stuff from Boots. It's not as expensive as Weleda or Burts Bees.
We use the Burts Bees Multipurpose Ointment as a moisturiser on him. It smells amazing.
If we're strapped for cash, I buy the Eco baby shampoo from Asda and that Halo's & Horns from Tesco is better than anything like Johnsons x

Thanks ladies! Will stick to just plain water to start off with. Will check out burt's bees.

I used water to start with and as the MW's at the hospital suggested some olive oil for dry skin. It sounds odd but it did work really well on problem areas.

I then moved onto Johnson and Johnson and DS1 had no issues with it. I have changed my mind about using Johnson and Johnson this time around and have just gotten some CJ's products though.

I had totally forgotten about the olive oil! That worked wonders for the dry patches between LOs fingers etc.

A first nothing for awhile. My daughter had sensitive skin and Johnson's didn't agree with her. She did well with aveeno. I am in the states..... Others mentioned Uk specific brands and such, sure they are good too!

Forgot to say I have lots of CJs stuff too. It's delicious and natural.

Have lots of the little sample pots of the BUTTer and the multi purpose cleaner for her room and the baby wash for wipes solution and if she does need a clean up.

I use nothing for the first few months then a tiny amount of pure olive oil soap (the type from Greece or Syria) for all washing and shampoo purposes and coconut oil for the skin xx

A friend of mine has used J & J for both of hers and still uses the Head to Toe Shampoo for her 3 year old with no issues - so I think it really depends on baby's skin

My friend has a phd in some kind of bio science and told me all the nasties they put in Johnson and Johnson products , no wonder they didn't agree with me as a baby! I only use Burt's bees its great started using at a month old and pure olive oil as conditioner and for dry patches , me and husband have sensitive skin and we have been really impressed with Ella's lovely hair and skin , highly recommend ....

I plan to use extra virgin olive oil mixed with coconut oil for the first few months before moving on to baby products if need be.

Another tip ladies and it sounds v odd lol...if j and j products do irritate babies skin (did me when i was a baby) and if baby has eczema then j and j is quite likely to cause irritation...also if j and j products do then matey brand bubble bath will cause issues also. Ill be using nothing but water initially but then have some simple products and will try asda own range and aveeno...iv got eczema also si me thinks it v likely baby will get it in which case scented and non natural products are a no no so will stick to aqueous cream and if needed a thicker emollient cream that can be used as soap like cetraben or dermol 500 xxx

We're not going to bath her for 6 weeks. But will wash the parts that need it with cotton wool and water.

Then once she does bath I think just water is fine. But I do have some Burts Bees stuff for if we need it.

No bath at all? Ive never heard of this...just curoius as to why ? :)

No bath at all? Ive never heard of this...just curoius as to why ? :)

It's what the midwives here recommend. Surprised us when we heard it but DH has terrible eczema and they recon that it could be early bathing that's making it more common. So he's all for trying to do everything to avoid her suffering like he has.

We'll be washing her bum each nappy change and doing her neck/face each day so hopefully she wont be dirty but apparently it's best to not submerge them in water and dry their skin out until 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->