Baby rice

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
How long would you keep trying your baby on this if he doesnt like it?

I just tried Kane on his second lot, he hates it lol. He was gagging and scrunching his face up, I obviously dont wanna be forcing him to feed it!

Is it worth me trying him with porridge instead? :shrug:

Even if the spoon is put in his mouth with nothing on it he scrunches his face up lol, so I dont know if its worth me trying BLW? I wanna get him used to pureed stuff before I tried that x

I agree it's better not to force it if he doesn't like it. You could try porridge or some pureed veg if you really want to stick to traditional weaning. Out of interest, why did you want him to get used to purees before trying BLW?

There's actually no need for LO to be used to purees before introducing BLW. In fact it's more of a disadvantage.
Maybe he is not interested / ready for weaning yet?
No harm in waiting a little longer.

I think its one or the other with weaning. You either do BLW or purees.
if you intend to do purees then maybe try him on some pureed veg instead? we nevergave connah baby rice :D
on the other hand if you intend to BLW then i would start with something easy like sticks of veg?
hope this helps x

gagging and screwing up the face is totally normal when they are trying something new - but tbh baby rice is tastless gloop and maybe something else will get him interested

Thanks for the replies!

I wanted to wait purely because I wanted him to get used to differant textures and tastes lol.

Mum2b_Claire - Why is it a disadvantage? Just curious lol

If you don't give any purees at all (BLW) then LO learns to handle food and feed himself from the start. If will be a few weeks or even months before they actually eat significant quantities.
A baby started on purees will be used to eating, and if you then move to BLW, their self feeding skills won't be developed enough that they manage to eat enough to satisfy their appetite for a little while. You are likely to need to 'top up' with purees. Easier not to bother with them at all IMO.

My HV said it can take 15 tries for your LO to like a taste...not sure I would give it that many times though!!

i didnt give baby rice to lucas and rueben didnt like it at all i would just go on to a veg at a time if you are doing purees

I never gave tyler the rice i gave him porridge, bannana flavour ones, theres a few others you can get too, try him on something with abit more flavour maybe? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->