Baby savings...how much?

I imagine its quite unrealistic but me and the OH want me to stay at home until all our kids go to school, another reason it will be good to get it out of the way sooner! My OH earns a fair amount of money though and hes due a raise soon. So I imagine we should save quite a lot before having a baby, no idea how much though.

I completely 100% agree with you. I will be a stay at home mum, me and OH decided this long ago and when he is a qualified optometrist (fancy optician word as far as I'm aware!!) he will be earning enough to look after all of us and I will probably end up working two days a week or something when the kid(s) get to 4 or 5.

My mum did this and she went back full time when I went to secondary school and I think I benefitted a lot from this.

xxx

yea me and the OH both had mums at homw when we were growing up and we think it was good for us, coming home from school and having a parent there instead of going to a grandparents house or something. Not that there is anything wrong with doing it that way but I think that will be more important to my kids than having the extra money. We just want to do things the old fashioned way I suppose :)

When we had our little boy, we had no saving what-so -ever. We were intited to £500 grant of government which doesn't have to be paid back, child benefit which is £80 a month, child tax credits and my husband gets working tax credits. You'll be suprised how much people will want to buy for your newborn. Just ask for nappies AND LOTS OF THEM! lol Good Luck :o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->