Baby Seren.... perfect!

snailien

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Finally getting round to letting you know my birth story....

At 41+5 weeks we refused an induction on the Saturday, asking instead that we could rearrange for the Monday when we would be 42+1. The hospital advised they do like you to have your baby by 42 weeks and iduction can take a day or 2.... We still decided to go with our instincts.

On the Sunday we had had to go to hospital for monitoring and baby was active and happy, as I was I. The midwife gave us a stretch and sweep and we were 2cm dilated.

We returned home and had lunch in the garden as last sunday was a soooooo hot! :wacko:

About 3pm my friend popped over for a cuppa and I had a few niggly periodlike pains and thought... hmmmm maybe these are mild contractions? By the time she left I spoke to my OH and said they're quite regular, I might get in the bath. I did just that and really couldn't get comfy and they felt like they were stronger. We phoned the delivery suite to check on how many minutes apart they should be before going in and set about timing them. they told me to take a paracetamol and that should hold off pain until they had built a bit. By 6pm I was really struggling and the contractions were about 40 odd seconds long and really close, but still irregular.

By 7, that was it, I'd had enough and really wasn't coping... I'd been really sick, was in the bath most of the time and decided we should phone hospital. Contractions had built to 50odd seconds in length. Just before we left I'm sure I had the urge to push.

We arrived by 8 and my first concern was the amount of blood that had come out... but I still didn't think my waters had gone. the midwife went off to look forr a fan for me as it was so hot! Whilst she was gone I was overwhelmed by the urges to push again. I felt like i really wanted drugs and couldn't go on any longer with the pain....

When the midwife examined me I was in fact 10cms dilated and I was in transition! Lets get the baby out! And so I pushed for maybe 20-30 mins and baby Seren Maia was born at 21:17, weighing 6lbs13ozs. :happydance: She went straight on the boob and has been there ever since! LOL :cloud9:

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect birth... I was so afraid of having an induction and hospital interventions. I really wanted a natural birth and I really got it! Was so disappointed I didn't get to go on the gas and air they let me have a really good go when I had my stitches done. (it was only a 2nd degree tear... not too bad).

Congrats on your speedy birth. It's so great you did what felt right to you and you got the natural birth you wanted. Can't wait to see pics of little Seren, she's got such a nice name!

Congrats, I hope my baby's birth is so fast!!

Well done fellow bristol mummy :) sounds like your birth went really well hun. congrats on your new arrival.
xxx

Congratulations - glad you got the birth you wanted :) xx

lovely birth story - thanks for sharing!!

aww congrats, LOVE the name!!! naomie was called serin for the first 2 weeks of her life :haha:

x

congrats and lovely name, I have a Mollymaia, :) she's beautiful!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->