Baby shower, anyone?

Mutsa

Reaction score
Is anyone else planning to have a shower if so what point and what you doing for your shower?

We will have a shower about a month after the baby is born since I am due close to Christmas. I am not registering for gifts, we will just invite friends/family to bring hand me downs if they have any. I don't like the idea of asking my friends/family to finance my choice to have a baby, so we have purchased everything for the baby on our own. Our shower will be more of an opportunity or people to come meet the baby, not an opportunity to get free stuff.

I will be having one in January about 1.5 months before she is due.

I'm thinking of having mine in February since I'll be around 7 months along. Plus since it's my first baby, I have nothing! So it's nice to get all the help with products and accessories that I can get! :)

As for what I'm doing, no idea yet. At least in my family, baby showers are usually planned by the mother of the mom-to-be so we'll see what my mommy comes up with!

One of my sisters wants to do one for me. We are going to do like a little high tea. Its only going to be a handful of people because all my friends and family live all over the place so will go to my home town for it. And probably around 30 weeks.

Didn't have one fr nr 1, not having one now. It's not a tradition in Belgium & I wld feel a bit uncomfortable with it. We do do a party after birth though (around 2-3 months) to celebrate. Usually people deposit $$$ in an account fr baby so parents can choose what they need. I guess it comes down to the same!

My mom and best friend have already started planning a shower for me. My relatives from out of town are already asking for a registry. I won't know the gender for six more days. Then I'll register. My family is huge and my husband and I are both older. I'm thirty-three and he's thirty-five. People are very excited for this baby and my cousins and aunts really want to shop. I've decided that the expensive items we will be purchasing. We already have our nursery furniture were buying the stroller and car seat next week. I'm going to register for outfits and misc. Items for gifts.

I am pretty ambivalent about the shower thing I don't really like being the center of attention, but my mom is so unbelievably excited. I didn't have a wedding or bridal shower and she has said I'm not allowed to take this from her. So I'm going to suck it up. It might not be horrible and I've seen the guest list and it has quite a few people that I really would like to spend time with.

We're planning on having one at the end of February/early March, also 1.5 months before the due date. I just want to have enough time to set things up and buy things that we didn't get, since we are waiting to buy everything until after the shower. We haven't planned much yet. We're going the restaurant where we might have it the day after Thanksgiving for lunch to check it out, but that's about it.

I'm actually having two showers. My mother-in-law is throwing one for me on December 27. She's throwing it on that date since some of her family members who want to attend the party will be in town anyway for the holidays. I'll be about 31 weeks at that point. It's going to be a Dr. Seuss-themed party. I'm really looking forward to it.

My mother, who lives about two hours away, is also going to throw another party for me in the end of January. That way, it'll be more convenient for her friends and family members to attend. I'm not sure about any of the details for that party other the approximate date, but I'm sure that it'll be very nice. In any event, I'm extremely grateful that anyone is throwing a baby shower in my honor, let alone two.

I'm actually having two showers. My mother-in-law is throwing one for me on December 27. She's throwing it on that date since some of her family members who want to attend the party will be in town anyway for the holidays. I'll be about 31 weeks at that point. It's going to be a Dr. Seuss-themed party. I'm really looking forward to it.

My mother, who lives about two hours away, is also going to throw another party for me in the end of January. That way, it'll be more convenient for her friends and family members to attend. I'm not sure about any of the details for that party other the approximate date, but I'm sure that it'll be very nice. In any event, I'm extremely grateful that anyone is throwing a baby shower in my honor, let alone two.

I'll be doing two as well :) My family is mostly in this one little town which is an hour and a half away from where I am so I'll be doing one there. The other will be with SO's side of the family since they all live in the city I currently live in. It makes it less complicated for the people who are uncomfortable with driving far and somewhere they don't know.

I had one for my first, who was adopted. Mainly because I had less than two months to prepare for him and had absolutely nothing because I wasn't even planning on an adoption when I found out about him, so I had absolutely nothing!

I didn't do one for my 2nd who was born 8 months after my first and I don't plan one now because I saved everything. If people ask, I'll tell them cloth diapers since that's what I hope to use and I have a very small stash right now.

I had one for my son and we will have a "sprinkle" this time for my daughter. I found my first shower to be really helpful as we received gifts we hadn't remembered we would need and honestly, free stuff means that you'll have more money saved up to take care of your baby when they get here.

What we are doing is letting everyone know in the invitations what kinds of items will be helpful as well as doing a diaper raffle. This will get us a ton of diapers and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will get a nice prize. :) We also let people know that we love hand-me-downs. I personally go to a children's consignment expo 4 times a year for Tyler and will continue doing so for a long time to come. You'd be amazed how much money you can save. Babies are expensive so it's awesome to save where you can.

I think I will be having two. I think my aunt is planning one and friends are planning another. My guess for the timing would be around Jan/Feb, as we don't want to get too close to the due date (March 27).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->