Baby shower issue

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do about this. My mom and best friend have planned a shower for me. After recent events with my insane MIL , I would rather not have her there. She ruined the entire week of our 20 week scan for us and has been causing drama since. Our assumption is that if she actually shows up (doubtful. In my seven and a half years with DH, she refuses to meet my family) she will sit in the corner, be pissy and two days later start telling people that my family and I mistreated her. I just don't want to deal with it.

She said during the drama a few weeks ago, that she didn't want to attend a shower that wasn't near her home (my family and friends are all an hour north of her). So, should we even bother sending her an invite to keep the peace, or leave her out entirely?

Send an invite so she can't accuse you of leaving her out and then leave it down to her if she comes or not

Send the invite and try to be the bigger person, even if she does make you want to punch her in the face!

Send the invite n just keep smiling that will piss her off more lol xx

I've had issues like this before. I would just send the invite, and if she does show up and is too good to interact with everybody else, that will not be on you. All you can do is be the bigger person. Hope everything goes good.

I personally wouldn't send her an invite. Your pregnancy and baby shower is something you should be able to enjoy without the stress of worrying about dramas. If she asks why you didn't invite her explain how her behaviour stresses you out and that's the last thing you need for you and baby. Be honest with her and if she doesn't like it....tough!! Hope you have a lovely baby shower regardless xx

I personally wouldn't send her an invite. I had this issue with my first daughter and for that reason only about 5 people from OH family were invited to my shower. In the end I would rather just simply not invite them if I know they will cause a problem then send them an invite just to be nice and have them come and ruin my entire day.

Slightly different, but we had issues with my grandmother. My middle brother invited her to his wedding, she refused to come; I got married next and flat out refused to invite her - because of the reason she didn't go to my brothers and the fact I didn't want to waste an invite on her and my eldest brother got married last and he invited her, and again she refused to come.

It's a tough one, but personally I would verbally invite her (or your DH), but word it so you say something along the lines of - because my mother and best friend have organised it, it is near where they live - i know that this may cause you problems due to the distance, so if you can't make it, maybe you could organise something here?

Don't know the issue between you two - but would something like that work?

I wouldn't invite her, she is going to be a pain in your (choose your body part) no matter what, invited or not. So, why risk having her actually show up and ruin the shower? She already expressed to you that she wouldn't come anyway, so if she complains about not being invited just put it back on her comments about not wanting to come. Tell her you didn't see the point of wasting an invitation on someone who already said they didn't want to come.

I ended up sending her a very bluntly worded message about it. She's pulled so much crazy BS on us and it's just escalated since we found out the baby (her first grandchild) is a girl. She hates the name we picked, says the ultrasounds are wrong and we need to pay to have it checked again, because it's not a girl, and more. She got back to me with a very "poor me" message and says she feels it would be less stressful for me and my family if she doesn't come. It's like "Youre right. It would."

Wow that's crazy. I wouldn't invite her. It seems like she won't be happy either way so why try to include her. I think her pouting in the corner to get attention would be a distraction. A baby shower is supposed to be a happy occasion celebrating the baby. Hope things get better!

Congrats on her excusing herself. Sounds like a win to me! :bunny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"