Baby Shower soon. HELP!

3xpire

Mother to Kalei Mae (:
Reaction score
My baby shower is in three hours, and I'm absolutely dreading this.

I didn't want a baby shower at all in the first place. But my OH's oldest sister INSISTED. Actually, she ended up calling him crying when she misread a text in me saying I wasn't going to let her have it for me. My mom and dad REALLY dislike my OH's mother, and some of my family members dislike my OH in general because of some old relationship problems we used to have. On top of this, my OH's mother invited people who I don't even know, and who aren't even involved in my OH's life.

Last night my OH's mother informed me that her and my OH's oldest sister want to team up to get the biggest baby shower gift over everyone, knowing that my mother and father bought a crib for us and a brand new travel system (apparently this sets my Oh's family off). I hate being in the center of attention, and I hate the idea of baby showers, the games, people touching my belly, opening presents in front of everyone, everything. I'm basically having to suck this up for my OH so that he can avoid any more trouble from his sister, and so that we can get the help we need with baby items..

Any ideas on how I can try to get through this? /:

I don't want to come off as ungrateful, but its so hard when I've been dreading this, the pressure, and on top of it all for the past few days I've been dead on energy from being so sick..

Hope you survive.

I feel the same way and thank god, no one has tried to insist. I think someone asked my husband about putting together a "surprise" shower and he nixed it for me. Love him for that.

I dislike the idea for the same reasons as you, but also because most everyone I would want at one, live too far away to come (like different states). So, I feel like it would be extra awkward to be the center of attention from a lot of people I barely know, and a few I'd rather punch in the face than be pleasant to, but only a couple I genuinely like.

Paint a smile on your face and ignore it if anyone tries to cause drama .

Aww.. Hope it goes ok!!
Just tell yourself it's all for the baby and not for you lol.. That might help..

I know exactly what you mean -- I hate showers - well, ones for me anyways.. I didn't want any for my wedding, but my family and friends insisted and I was basically the fastest person ever at opening gifts and thanking people so I didn't have to be the center of attention for long.

im nervous about my baby shower too and i dont even have one planned yet! i cant stand people watch me open presents, i dont like being the centre of attention at all! :/ how did it go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->