Baby shower vent

LadyAphrodity

Reaction score
My husband is in the army so I honestly didn't think I was going to have a baby shower it was mildly depressing but we have been here a year and just don't have many friends. Well my friend had her baby a few months ago I couldn't attend her shower due to awful morning sickness but I did make sure to get her a gift. She insisted on throwing me a shower since I'm a first time mom and everyone should experience a baby shower. I agreed I mean who am i to say no. Well I have a newer friend who offered to help her which was great only knowm her a few months really but we bonded quick. That's the backstory, yesterday was the fated baby shower day I guess I got my hopes up high cause the way my friend made a deal of it she really wanted it to be great. Well she didn't bother getting me a gift, she didn't have food for the guests. Only 4 people showed up which really hurt considering I helped compile the guest list. Out of everyone that showed up the new friend was the only person who got a gift. I mean who shows up to a baby shower without even just a small pack of diapers. I was literally im tears in my bathroom after 45 min cause it was just not what I exoected. I was ok and content with not having a baby shower, this just was embarrassing and hurtful the fact that no one came it was horribly planned. The "friend" had her hubby make this awful cake it's like she couldn't bother going to Walmart to buy a 25$ sheet cake. There were no plans or anything only the new friend made punch but she felt awful cause she thought the other girl had it taken care of since she was the one planning it. I really hate how upset I let it make me I know I will have to buy everything myself and I am ok with that I have savings I am just in shock and have no words.

I am so sorry that your day turned out the way it did. :( I also feel they could at least get a proper cake and provide snacks (or ask the guests to each bring either a sweet or salty plate) it's more of a slap in the face doing it half than doing nothing. I mean it's like they pretended.

My daugthers's godmother offered to help me with a babyshower in mid-Jan and to admit, I am so scared of the same thing. I am so used to special days being ruined by certain factors outside of my control that I don't get excited anymore. Yes, I do feel touched that she offered and would really appreciate it and I know she would do her best, but I am scared that no-one will pitch. I don't expect gifts at all, but I just want people to be happy about the baby the way I am.

So sorry that happened. I also have that fear. My MIL is putting on a shower for me coming up and I'm really worried no one will show up. I don't know anyone here, so pretty much everyone invited is friends of inlaws and I don't see why someone would come to a shower for someone they don't know so I'm really worried she is doing all this work and no one will be there.

So sorry you went thru this experience especially as a first time mother. It could've been done alil better.

How incredibly hurtful, that just breaks my heart for you :cry:

My (ex)MIL dropped the ball in a very similar way for my bridal shower and it's an experience that still brings back horribly painful memories.

No one should have to endure such a thing and you deserved far far better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->