Baby sick...please help! Watey fluid coming out?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Sometimes when i wind my baby and put him down he has watery fluid coming out of his mouth..its not saliva...any ideas??

Sounds like it's a bit of 'spit up' as my mother calls it. It's just a bit of saliva and mlk that is brought back up with wind. If it is this there is nothing to worry about it's perfectly normal.

Is your baby formula fed?

If so I read that you can get a watery sick come out after a feed. It's just the left over waste that the body doesn't need and absolutely nothing to worry about.

Cx

Unless he seems uncomfortable or in pain, or he's projectile vomiting (where it shoots across the room), it's completely normal - don't worry. It's called possetting if you want to google it :D Sam does it sometimes after a feed when he burps (and he's breastfed). It can be a sign that he's had a bit too much milk, but not always - the sphincter muscle at the top of the stomach isn't fully mature when babies are young, and sometimes a bit of milk is brought up with any wind that gets in there. Keeping him upright after a feed might help a bit x

Good advice Sam' mum :) It will get better as he becomes older.

Thanks ladies for giving me a peace of mind xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->