Baby Signs

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
i thought id list some of the signs we do on a daily basis and how to do them, feel free to ask how to do any i dont list!

Milk - squeeze your hand repeatedly like you're milking a cow

More - make your left hand into a fist then place your right hand flat on top of it

All gone - put your hands together then pull them apart in a swift motion, closing them as you do it

Good/OK - thumbs up

No - hold your right hand up (like an indian says 'how') then move your hand swiftly to the right and hold it there for a few seconds

Yes - make your hand into a fist and move your wrist to make a 'nodding' motion

Like - Pat your chest twice with an open hand

Biscuit - touch your left elbow with your right hand

Sleep - put your hands together and lean your head on them like youre going to sleep

Eat - make your hand like you are imitating a duck then place it next to your mouth and tap your mouth twice

Drink - use your hand to imitate holding a cup then put it to your mouth

Animals

Cow - make horns coming out of your head with both hands

sheep - use your little finger to make curly motions on your cheecks

duck - usual quacking hand motion

hen/chicken - flap youir arms like a chicken

cat - stroke your cheeks with two fingers repeatedly (like whiskers)

dog - hold your hands up in front of your chest lke a dog begging

pig - make your hand into a fist and bring it up to your nost, make a twisting motion several times

snake - make two fingers into a V shape then mimick a snake slithering along

Lion - roar whilst closinng your hand (as if eating something)

rabbit - use your fingers to make bunny ears

frog - make your fingers into a V position like you are saying 'peace' then place your hand sideways under your chin so your fingers are pointing to the left, then bring your fingers in and extended them twice

Fish - move youir hand to mimick a fish moving through water

Food

Banana - mimick opening a banana

Apple - hold your hand up to your mouth as if you were eating a peice of fruit ( like a round shape)

Orange - bring your hand up to your cheek and make a squeezing motion *this is also the colour Orange*

Bread - open your left hand flat then with your right hand make a 'sawing' motion

Sandwhich - open your left hand flat then place your right hand flat on top of it

Sweets - using your indez finger, point to your mouth and make a twisting motion

Potato - use your hands to mimick peeling a potato

so for instance if you want your child to learn a sign, say that word more slowely whilst doing the sign . one sign per sentance to start off with

like:
would you like MORE juice? (say more slower and do the sign as you say it)

once your child gets experience you can use more signs per sentence

like:
would YOU like MORE JUICE? signing all 3 words

No - hold your right hand up (like an indian says 'how') then move your hand swiftly to the right and hold it there for a few seconds

Sleep - put your hands together and lean your head on them like youre going to sleep

Eat - make your hand like you are imitating a duck then place it next to your mouth and tap your mouth twice

I have done a few of them without even knowing it, but how does the biscuit one work? How is that biscuit? :blush:

Thanks. x

I love the randomness of the biscuit one :rofl:

Are you teaching Ffion already? I'd really like to try some with Sam. The all gone one - do you close your hands like fists, or put your fingers together like you're stretching something sticky...silly putty? x

I would love to teach Jack these but I have the worst memory in the world, I might print them out and carry them on me :)

I love the randomness of the biscuit one :rofl:

Are you teaching Ffion already? I'd really like to try some with Sam. The all gone one - do you close your hands like fists, or put your fingers together like you're stretching something sticky...silly putty? x

put your hands together like you are clapping then pull them apart, closing them into fists

we are teaching ffion now yes!

I have done a few of them without even knowing it, but how does the biscuit one work? How is that biscuit? :blush:

Thanks. x

no idea!:rofl:

Thanks. x

no idea!:rofl:

:rofl: Oh OK, thanks. Amy loves watching Something Special (she likes Mr Tumble :), that is probably where I pick some of them up from, but it is a good idea. :)

our sky plus planner is FULL of something special :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"