Baby still breech - csection scheduled

Brz04

Reaction score
We had our ultrasound today at 36.5w and it confirmed that the baby is still in breech position :( They offered us an ECV and said success rate is 58% and version would be done in hospital in case I had to have an emergency csection due to complications. I definitely want to avoid an emergency C so we opted to schedule our csection on November 4th (they schedule them for 39wks). That's three wks from today...still feeling disappointed about having to have one but trying to be positive about it.

I know exactly how you're feeling right now, as this was how it went with DD. Massdive hugs :hugs: they're not as bad as you'd expect xxx

I know it's not highly plausible but hopefully baby will turn and you won't need to have one.

Best of luck. X

Im in the same position as you. Ive got my scan next week to check if my little miss is still breech. Ive decided to try the ecv though as ive heard its more likely if youve had babies already plus ive done lots of research and not yet come across anyone whos had to have an emergency section. But the way im looking at it is i really really dont want a section full stop but if i do end up with one, what difference does it make if its scheduled of emergency?
Fingers crossed your lo will turn before yours though. Ive heard it to happen right before section and the lady was sent home again then went 1 week overdue. Haha Not that i want you to be overdue mind. :hugs:

My dd2 was breech until 39 weeks. She turned right beforey scan! So its possible you lo will turn beford the csec. Fx for you. Xx

Don't be disheartened what will be will be I had our baby turned at 36+6 then bought in for induction next day as I had oc and guess what she wa breech again !!! Just 24 hours later so they opted for a c sec te next day , it was in my opinion a much better experience than I had forecasted x

Nov. 4th is my birthday :D
But on a side note, I wouldn't go for ECV because my daughter switched to head down at 30 1/2 weeks and it HURT so bad...and that was on her own and before they even do it...yah, no

My daughter was born by section for the same reason - honestly, it was fine. I felt ok to drive by week 3 (which was before a few other friends who had had natural births, tear-severity dependent) and was certainly back to being me by week 6. Good luck with it all! x

I had an ECV with my first daughter. It was in the hospital for the ECV and it was the worst pain I have ever felt. It didn't work and I had a c-section a week later at 39+5. Wishing you all the luck in the world, and maybe bub will turn last minute.

Getty bouncing on a gym ball just in case hunni, my baby was still breech at my 36wk appointment but has now turned :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->