Baby still hasn't dropped :-\

Jess125

Reaction score
I'm 37+4 with baby #1 and she still hasn't dropped. Even when I went to get my hair cut yesterday the lady was surprised at how high my baby still is. In my childbirth class they said 1st babies usually drop 2-4 wks before labor. Should I be concerned? Is there something I can do to make her drop?

How do you know if your baby has dropped? I still feel kicks everywhere. up, down, side, etc. Dr said baby head down, but how do you know if dropped?

I'm 36 + 5 and asked my OB today if baby has dropped. He checked/scanned me and told me baby is now "engaged" dropped lower.
I couldn't tell by looking at my belly, only difference I could feel was buy breathing seemed to be better.

Mine dropped and then bounced back, don't worry though my doc assured me that it can happen right before labor begins

will acid reflux get better? because mine is still terrible.

I wouldn't worry, I went into hospital at 8cm and 2/5th engaged and waters hadn't gone. She was born within 20 mins so can literally 'drop' last minute x

I was still 4/5 palpable at 40+2 and my son was born at 41 weeks.

Not one of mine even the first dropped until I was in labour, my longest labour has been 7 hours from first niggle to here so it may not mean a lot

Thanks, I feel a little better now. I will talk to my OB about it on Thursday to make sure this is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->